Thread: VF-302 Crimson Trace

Feedback Score

VF-302 Crimson Trace

I am moving away from the 1-4 optic consideration and looking harder at a higher power scope perhaps the Nightforce 2.5 x 10 NXS or the Leupold 1.5 x 5MRT for a 16 inch barreled Noveske Light Recce with VIS but want to maintain some ability to make quick hits at close range. This may be a mistake but I shoot often at 100 yards or so as well when hunting and want to use this rifle in that regard. If I could find a doctor optic red dot mount to go on the rings I would probably look at that as well...but to the question.... Has anyone any experience with the VF-302 from Crimson Trace? I have seen some of the green lasers but do not know anything about them, if there is a better green laser choice please let me know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FWIW......................

I'm fairly sure the CR VF-302 is not a green laser, its red. I learned the expensive way ($169) a way back that green lasers aren't all they're cracked
    up to be. In daylight I found that there were still numerous times that it could
    not be seen,enough so that it held no real advantage over red lasers. Also
    and most importantly, in low light and pitch black environments it literally
    drew a straight line right back to your location from all angles . This was
    without any smoke,fog or anything else to help it!
    If you're looking for an excellent red laser the Laser Devices AR-2A is the
    cats ass IMO. It mounts to the front sight post right over the barrel, because of this you can boresight it ,adjust elevation only (no windage to worry about)
    and make hits on everything from point blank range out to 200yrds (and possibly beyond depending on cartridge). Its super bright, at night I can see it on the roof of a clubhouse that my rangefinder reads as approx 800yrds away.
    If you're set on a green laser I'd recommend Lasermax's Unimax (I have the red version on an XD pistol),its super compact,lightweight and you could mount
    it over the barrel using a Command Arms Accesories X3 front sight triple picatinny rail system. You would also have to order the separate pressure switch for the unimax.

Below is a pic of the LD AR-2A on a BM superlight.
    Last edited by vigilant2; 12-17-09 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I am using a Nightforce NXS1-4 and want to mount a laser as well. I have VIS so I will use your product suggestion but mount on the side?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

"I have a VIS"..............

Right, you will have to side mount it. Check out Laser Devices OTAL setup also
    then, if you decide to go with a red laser setup. I believe Grant carries them.