Thread: Truck gun

Feedback Score

Truck gun

OK...the idea was to build a handy, short 5.56 I could easily maneuver around the vehicle without resorting to an SBR and the hassles that would entail. On this build I used the following: Lower: PSA Blem/ LPK: PSA with ambi-safety (not requested just showed up that way) then swapped the FCG with an ALG nickel type. Barrel is a 10-1/2" Faxon 1/7 nitride with an ALG FF handguard. I now have a set of mini Troy BUIS on it thought this pic is showing the Magpuls. Upper receiver and kit is a BCM Blem. The grip is a Magpul slim line MOE and that trigger guard...I know it's a debated style but I really like the Troy enhanced trigger guard...to each their own. The coup de gras is the Thordsen cheek rest with steel brace and proprietary receiver extension...using the CA rest just tops the thing off...or backs it off...whatever. The Low Pro gas block IS pinned and the front can is a simple flame thrower...OK it keeps the blast out front of you and is no help with recoil (such as it is) or dissipation...who cares? This piece runs with a purpose and rides easy...I was joking with the local Chief about carrying it with my CCL...he laughed and said "not in my town" but the upside is with that license, it can be chamber loaded as any handgun...if I was inclined The light is a Streamlight TRL1 I high-jacked off of my house gun for kicks and the dot is a Burris fast fire ll I pass around as needed...I have also added a single point bungee type sling (not shown)
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a nice "truck gun"!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

FaxonNathan Guest
    We approve.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In my State ... such a rifle would need to be in a locked case, unloaded. And even then you can't leave it in the truck ...

Nice build though!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Dang... I just keep a Yugo underfolder for my truck gun -I'm jealous!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Nice rig

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    In my State ... such a rifle would need to be in a locked case, unloaded. And even then you can't leave it in the truck ...

Nice build though!
    It's a pistol
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Nice, i love my AR Pistol they are quite handy...