Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidating Pmags: M2 vs M3

Feedback Score
    I'm not 100% certain but I think the gen2 was designed around the colt AR, some report the gen3 not dropping free from the AR system.

My guess is those that are having an issue are running lower quality out of spec lowers combined with magpul trying to design the pmag to work with multible systems. I own both and haven't experienced any issues.

My suggestion, if your only going to use pmags in the AR system stick with the gen2 for reliability across different lowers.

If you may someday get a platform gen3 is designed for scar etc stay with the gen 3

Could always color code also

Gen 2 pmags fde

Gen 3 black

Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Correct, that was a typo. Gen M3 20 rounder.

Gen M3 denotes magazine technology that is universal across a number of our magazines and in some cases is not the third of that particular magazine. The PMAG25 LR/SR, for example, only exists in Gen M3 form as it was initially released using all of the Gen M3 updates.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Let me clarify: I have over 100 Pmags, and I'm at a point where I realize I'll never use them all in my lifetime, save for some unrealistic SHTF scenario. I have more M3's than M2's, so my thinking is to get rid of the M2's. That is, unless the M2's are useful for some role that the M3's are not.
    If I understand correctly, since you plan on selling off some PMAGs, you're trying to clarify if there is any reason to keep one generation over another. If it were me, I would be keeping the M2 20 rounders and the M3 30 rounders. That said, with the election coming up in 198 days, I wouldn't be selling anything right now. (This thread not need to descend into a debate about politics. One man stating one opinion as to why timing may not be opportune.)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I started a thread last year about a BCM lower that I had purchased to use as my Patrol Rifle at work as a LEO. The BCL lower would not accept the gen3 mags as the over insertion stop on the mag was hitting the back of the lower. The lower was sent to BCM to check out. They sent it back saying they don't consider that measurement of the lower as part of the spec when the lower is, "within spec". They further said that their mil spec lowers are designed to work only with mil spec magazines. They then told me how great the Lancer magazines were (Definitely NOT a mil spec magazine).

I bring this up because it made me rethink the gen 2 PMAGS. If you are using pool guns that are from various manufactures of AR lowers, then the gen2 magazine might not be a bad idea.

If you are stocking up magazines for your personal guns, and you have ensured that the gen3 will insert without issue, then I prefer the gen3 magazines.

I was informed by MagPul that when they switched over production of the gen2 PMAG to where it was labeled as the MOE magazine, they started using the same polymer in both gen2 and gen3 magazines. When the gen3 magazine was initially introduced, one of the main advantages of it over the older PMAG's was the new polymer formula and it's ability to withstand colder temperatures without cracking.

I have some of the Ten Speed magazine pouches from BFG. I've found that the magazine over insertion tab on the gen3 mags can catch on the elastic. Other than that, I prefer the gen3 over the gen2, but the difference to me isn't enough to get that excited about.

I don't know that I would sell off NIB magazines at a loss right now. I'm not sure we will see the panic prices that we did after Sandy Hook. If I were laying back some new PMAGs and trying to decide which one to get, I think that price would be the determining factor.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mags? What mags? Oh, I sold those off years ago, officer. Nope, no guns in this family. We're pacifists, you see.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't see the point, selling 30 PMAGs for at most $300?

Get some storage boxes and box up the ones you don't want to use. Then box up the ones you haven't used. Keep out training and 'duty' mags.

Think about something else, go outside, go shooting, have fun, etc, etc.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I don't see the point in getting rid of perfectly good magazines. You'll be taking a loss on them financially. I would just box them up and put them away. Later I might consider selling a few for a profit if there's another panic.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's a hassle to sell shit. Send to Pappabear. He loves 20 rounders too
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I mean if your trying to offload some I know someone who's Birthday it is on April 27. On another note, I agree with many of the other members saying that you would be causing yourself more of a headache than benefit. You have already accumulated, "X" number of Gen 2 20 rounders so I would just pack them up and put them somewhere for safe keeping, right next to 10,000 rounds of LC M855 . I would also look at the platforms I have or plan to have in the future and if my plan was to grab a SCAR or one of the other NATO spec platforms that will not accept Gen 2's reliably then from this point forward I would just grab the Gen 3's, this was also stated earlier and think it carries the most logic.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are intent on getting rid of the mags I would wait until closer to the election, promise you that they won't be selling for less.

Other than that, I keep a variety of mags on hand because I can, from Pmags, Lancer, USGI, and even others. I don't see a real point of selling mags that work well. And will buy random mags just to have as reference. That and even if I have mags that I prefer and use more often it just means the other mags sit in a box or on the shelf for when I decide I want to use them for whatever.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast