Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What is causing this??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Have you dumped this POS on gunbroker yet?
    Not until it is a functioning weapon. I can't in good conscience sell something that doesn't function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've seen better looking Chinese airsoft guns. And conversely those actually worked. You got screwed dude. But at least now you know why this site can be so picky about what brands of rifles you should buy. It's just too bad you had to dump this much into that chunk of crap.
    ¡¡Kawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "A warranty. What else about a product says as much about how highly a maker values their own work? It’s a mark of integrity, an assurance that the person who built it believes in it enough to stand behind it. Lawyers, legalese and fine print have no place in it. And we feel ours both stands on its own and speaks for itself. “The rifle you have just purchased has the simplest, most plainly written warranty you will ever read. This is no fine print. There are no exceptions. This CORE15 rifle has been manufactured and assembled with painstaking care and precision by proud US Veterans, trained by the best there is. If anything is not up to your standard, accuracy included, if anything goes wrong, gets bent, broken, cracked, misaligned, tweaked, snapped or otherwise, simply contact one of our professionals and we will work to make it right. If you are the 5th owner and the rifle has seen 40k+ rounds, it simply….doesn’t….matter. We stand behind our products and we take care of our customers. That is our promise and your assurance.”

How's the Core 15 promise working out? Hopefully they're living up to the part where they fix it because it clearly wasn't "painstakingly assembled."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    "A warranty. What else about a product says as much about how highly a maker values their own work? It’s a mark of integrity, an assurance that the person who built it believes in it enough to stand behind it. Lawyers, legalese and fine print have no place in it. And we feel ours both stands on its own and speaks for itself. “The rifle you have just purchased has the simplest, most plainly written warranty you will ever read. This is no fine print. There are no exceptions. This CORE15 rifle has been manufactured and assembled with painstaking care and precision by proud US Veterans, trained by the best there is. If anything is not up to your standard, accuracy included, if anything goes wrong, gets bent, broken, cracked, misaligned, tweaked, snapped or otherwise, simply contact one of our professionals and we will work to make it right. If you are the 5th owner and the rifle has seen 40k+ rounds, it simply….doesn’t….matter. We stand behind our products and we take care of our customers. That is our promise and your assurance.”

How's the Core 15 promise working out? Hopefully they're living up to the part where they fix it because it clearly wasn't "painstakingly assembled."

When a company spends more time touting their warranty than they do the products quality, you're usually going to need that warranty. And you hope like hell that they'll still be around to honor it down the road.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What is causing this??

Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    When a company spends more time touting their warranty than they do the products quality, you're usually going to need that warranty. And you hope like hell that they'll still be around to honor it down the road.
    I worked at a large gun shop in Florida when those guys came into business, and If I was a bettin man, I'd bet you they go as fast as they came.

They came to the shop one sunny warm Florida morning, trying to peddle their shit on us and what such not. I wasn't expecting much To begin with from a company called "core 15" but they actually proceeded to surprise me, and nothing surprises me. I asked a few simple questions about the bolt material, barrel steel, receiver extensions, quality control processes etc... You know, shit you should know as a manufacturer. Every question was redirected in another direction about how the gun was "extremely high quality.," and kept telling referring to their bull shit warranty. They managed to somehow talk for some ungodly amount of time and not answer a single question. Of course the shop bought a ton of these rifles, and they're still one of their biggest dealers. FWIW, at the time at least, they did not even have a mil spec receiver extension.

I remember this because a customer who bought one from me wanted to change out the stock with a CTR, I grabbed a mil spec CTR and didn't think twice about it. Surely a company that has all those good things to say about their rifles uses a mil spec receiver extension right? Nope. Guy brought it back a few hours later.

I originally tried selling the guy about five different quality rifles and he wouldn't be convinced. A few days later he sold the Core and came back to talk to me a little more about those over priced DD and KAC rifles I originally tried selling him. He ended up buying a MOD 1.

I was also told (like it was a great thing) the one of the big wigs at CORE was an ex big with at Bushmaster. So... That kind of says everything.

Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 08-14-16 at 17:36. Reason: Add more stuff and things

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In my dealings with companies like this, Chris Farley's quote from Tommy Boy comes to mind. "I can put shit in a box and put a warranty on it".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wanted to give a little update on this. I received the rifle back a couple months ago after a two week turn around. I was unable to get to the range for a couple weeks following. Keeping this short and simple. They replaced the upper and it is functioning. I have a couple hundred rounds thru it now without issue.

I also fitted a 3-12x40 from Cabelas (cheap rifle = cheap scope) and bought some Australian Outback 69 grain ammo and was able to get some groups that were better than I expected
    For now I'm going to hold onto it and use it for varmint duty/beater rifle

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213