Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help with my 12.5 in centurion barrel build.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Need some help with my 12.5 in centurion barrel build.

Hey guys,

So i have a 12.5 in centurion arms barrel working with a centurion lo pro gas block, sionics bcg, and a5 with h2 buffer and its not cycling federal xm193. This gun will eventually be suppressed, but most people i have talked to have told me their guns run un suppressed just fine, so why not mine?

Its essentially a single shot gun that sometimes ejects the spent brass, but it never chambers the next round.

I know this barrel has a small gas port of somewhere around .065.

So my question is do i need to change out my buffer and go lighter? Should i swap in a lighter bcg? Both?

Thanks dudes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That setup should cycle. Look into possible issues before adding a possible band aid to get it to cycle that masks a base issue.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm not knowledgeable enough with the A5 to say anything about it. I do know that on both a 14.5 and 16 hammer forged Centurion barrel I had to go with a lighter buffer than what I initially anticipated when using provided Remington .223 ball used for training. When I used true mil 855 it functioned fine. For me the H buffer ended up cying great.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    When I used the A5 system with my 12.5" centurion, I did have to drop down to the A5 H0 buffer to get it to cycle Hornady 55gr. .223, but never had an issue with 5.56 pressure ammo and the A5 H2. Are you using a standard spring or springco green?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOVIETsilence View Post
    When I used the A5 system with my 12.5" centurion, I did have to drop down to the A5 H0 buffer to get it to cycle Hornady 55gr. .223, but never had an issue with 5.56 pressure ammo and the A5 H2. Are you using a standard spring or springco green?
    Springco Green

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Springco Green
    I'd try swapping the springco out and using the standard rifle spring before I spent the money on a different buffer.
    "Now you're thinking. After all only assholes and communists shoot unsuppressed 😀" - VIP3R 237

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOVIETsilence View Post
    I'd try swapping the springco out and using the standard rifle spring before I spent the money on a different buffer.
    I will definitely try that this weekend.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Was the gas block installed by Centurion or did you install it yourself?

It might be the alignment of the gas block and the gas port.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    This is total deja vu.
    I had the exact same problem, my remedy was shooting full pressere 5.56 ammo, as per "manufacturers" suggestion.
    IF youre shooting 556 and it occurs i would first check gas block then buffer/spring set up.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks. Ill check the gas block and swap the spring this weekend and report back.

I was using good 556 ammo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast