Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: New Glock for FBI? (G17M)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If it has the ergonomics of the M, it won't have 100% parts compatibility with the Gen4.
    I was talking about the grip and flared magwell. Should've clarified.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    I was talking about the grip and flared magwell. Should've clarified.
    The main thing I wanted out of my next Glock is the redesigned RSA and slide nose.

Also, that contradicts what others have said about the flared magwell being something Glock was opposed to and only did due to contract requirements.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 11-07-16 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    The main thing I wanted out of my next Glock is the redesigned RSA and slide nose.

Also, that contradicts what others have said about the flared magwell being something Glock was opposed to and only did due to contract requirements.
    Internal components compatibility issues.

Does the redesigned RSA improve function in any meaningful way? Or is it something of a compromise to squeeze in the ambi slide release, similar to removing one of the locking block pin?
    Last edited by Serious Account; 11-07-16 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The nose of the slide, where it interfaces with the RSA is VERY thin on the Gen4 Glocks. The M models had beefed up this thin ring of steel to where it's not so vulnerable to breaking when dropping a gun nose down. I'm not sure if this was the driving factor behind the redesigned recoil spring assembly and slide nose, but it is definitely a benefit and durability asset.

I'm not concerned about internal component compatibility issues. Glock constantly updates their internal parts anyway, and recommends against using older parts. Look at how many variations of ejectors, extractors and RSA's there have been in the last few years. Small parts backward compatibility is useless if your old small parts are sub-optimal.

Attachment 42300
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 11-07-16 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I hosted an armorer's class last week. They were told by Glock not to talk about them. They did say that the guns that had issues were fixed and returned to the departments or are about to be delivered. My department ordered 17Ms so I may have them by February.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I hosted an armorer's class last week. They were told by Glock not to talk about them. They did say that the guns that had issues were fixed and returned to the departments or are about to be delivered. My department ordered 17Ms so I may have them by February.
    How many did your agency order? Or more importantly what was the minimum for an agency to order to be eligible? I wonder if an Agency order of 100 17Ms/19Ms is enough.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    How many did your agency order? Or more importantly what was the minimum for an agency to order to be eligible? I wonder if an Agency order of 100 17Ms/19Ms is enough.
    I'm waiting for one of these departments to sell some on gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We ordered 11. We are a very small department.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142