Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock for FBI? (G17M)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Anyone heard anything about Glock releasing a new frame that has a lack of or removable finger grooves to comply with the FBI's new pistol requirements?
    Replaceable straps are easy. It is other parts of the RFP that will require a bigger redesign.

Feedback Score
    I heard from a good source that Glock was designing a Gen 5 for the Army Pistol Trails coming up. It was going to incorporate new some designs from the 42 and 43. Like the slide stop and slid lock springs. I was told as of now, or back when I heard this a few months ago, it was not going to be for sale to the public because it was designed for the Army. Knowing Glock, it probably made for the public right after the Army Trails.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    I heard from a good source that Glock was designing a Gen 5 for the Army Pistol Trails coming up. It was going to incorporate new some designs from the 42 and 43. Like the slide stop and slid lock springs. I was told as of now, or back when I heard this a few months ago, it was not going to be for sale to the public because it was designed for the Army. Knowing Glock, it probably made for the public right after the Army Trails.
    That's what happened last go around wasn't it? Taurus had their 24/7 OSS, which was based off of their entry. I know its Taurus, but just using as an example.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    why didn't they just make it without finger grooves to begin with? no one knows.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gen 1 and 2 had no grooves. I would rather have it without grooves, but I've never lost sleep over them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    why didn't they just make it without finger grooves to begin with? no one knows.
    I've always read it was to gain import points, but I don't know why that would be necessary as they were bringing the Gen 1s and 2s in with no issues. I do recall a lot of folks installing the Hogue finger groove grip sleeve on the Gen 2s. Not sure if this had anything to do with it though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    I never really understood why there's so much hate for the finger grooves.. I've never had a single issue with them..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike169 View Post
    I never really understood why there's so much hate for the finger grooves.. I've never had a single issue with them..
    They do not align with my fingers. So instead of my fingers being between the grooves, they are on top of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    They do not align with my fingers. So instead of my fingers being between the grooves, they are on top of them.
    Fair enough, that would be annoying for sure

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same issue for me, until I got used to them. But having just picked up a Gen 2 G17, it is so much more comfortable. And finger grooves themselves aren't a bad idea: HK got them right with the P30 and VP9... it's when it's almost a jutting platform like the M16A2 grip that it's annoying.

The "Glock hump" is another topological oddity of the grip that a lot of people seem to get rid of, too. Even the Gen 4 didn't seem to solve it, even with the swappable backstraps.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast