80% arms fde billet lower
    Palmetto premium BCG
    Palmetto lower parts kit...including Magpul ACS and Moe grip
    Midwest industries gen 2 ss rail fde
    Troy low profile gas block
    Solarforce L2 with fully potted Nailbender drop in
    Vtac light mount
    Aimpoint Pro

I am about to buy Troy buis...I just can't decide if I should buy black, or fde....What is the consensus? BLACK/FDE...decisions...decisions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have you shot this build? I ask because I would be hesitant of unknown parts, especially barrels (and bolts obviously). Personally, I'd like some magnification to go with a 20" barrel, but that's personal preference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Have you shot this build? I ask because I would be hesitant of unknown parts, especially barrels (and bolts obviously). Personally, I'd like some magnification to go with a 20" barrel, but that's personal preference.
    I have put 30 rounds threw it, so far so good.
    I guess I should have been more clear...this barrel was on the first Ar I ever bought, I don't know the manufacturer, I have put a lot of rounds threw it. I changed it out for something lighter a long time ago, It was just sitting around, and it sparked a build. The gun shop owner I bought my first AR from told me it was a match grade barrel, I just can't remember the brand.
    Last edited by camoman; 04-27-16 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a similar color scheme on a 20" I'm currently building. My OCD says "black" for a rear sight.

Your build looks nice!
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I have put 30 rounds threw it, so far so good.
    I guess I should have been more clear...this barrel was on the first Ar I ever bought, I don't know the manufacturer, I have put a lot of rounds threw it. I changed it out for something lighter a long time ago, It was just sitting around, and it sparked a build. The gun shop owner I bought my first AR from told me it was a match grade barrel, I just can't remember the brand.
    Did you use the 80% jig or did you have something else?

Looks very nice!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Did you use the 80% jig or did you have something else?

Looks very nice!
    I used an 80% arms easy jig. I ended up buying a black DD fixed front sight, and a black battle sight. I might put some black rail covers on the top rail. I also switched out the tail cap switch to a Surefire lock out switch, off a G2.

Last edited by camoman; 05-08-16 at 00:05.