Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upper receiver for SPR build?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yes, Vegasshooter summarized my point excellently.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High Caliber Sales mod holland or mk12 upper. I'm also a fan of the Rainier Arms Ultramatch upper.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I does like me some vltor MUR. I would buy the exact parts you need and build it. Doesn't make sense to buy an upper and strip it. Too many good parts and pieces to build a kick ass gun.

Every time I wind up with parts and pieces and " an m4 for my son". A colt barrel laying around is dangerous.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Read page 2....he already has a nice pile of parts.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I does like me some vltor MUR. I would buy the exact parts you need and build it. Doesn't make sense to buy an upper and strip it. Too many good parts and pieces to build a kick ass gun.

Every time I wind up with parts and pieces and " an m4 for my son". A colt barrel laying around is dangerous.
    Yes indeed, that's the route I decided to take actually. I decided to just use the standard BCM upper for now though and eventually I'll get an MUR when I find a good deal on one (They were all out of stock and I was too anxious to have this gun built. Impatience won out this time).

I found out the hard way about having a spare barrel laying around as well here recently. A buddy of mine decided to change the barrel out on his BCM and gave me a 14.5 government profile barrel. Now I'm looking at building it into another complete KISS gun because it would be wrong for it to just sit there. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatorangecat View Post
    Read page 2....he already has a nice pile of parts.
    I was actually hard pressed not to go with the WOA barrel you mentioned originally. After reading up on them they seem to be very accurate and very easy on the wallet as well. Had the Centurion barrel not been in stock I'd have definitely gone that route.

Thanks for all the replies in this thread. I've got everything but the stock, muzzle device, and bipod so this gun is nearly ready to go. All I really need is to send the barrel off to ADCO to have the gas block pinned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just shot my Centurion MK12 barreled, VLTOR RIS 3 out to 650 yards for the first time. It easily put three shots of SSA 77gr into less than 3 inches easily. I'm very happy..

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ac View Post
    I just shot my Centurion MK12 barreled, VLTOR RIS 3 out to 650 yards for the first time. It easily put three shots of SSA 77gr into less than 3 inches easily. I'm very happy..
    3 inch group at 650 yards is a very very good group. Must have been zero wind and perfect conditions. That's under a half MOA.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    3 inch group at 650 yards is a very very good group. Must have been zero wind and perfect conditions. That's under a half MOA.
    It actually was, very still, nice and clear at about 70°. Up at 3500 feet..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Yea, I read the same thing.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, I read the same thing.
    At least that's what my spotter told me. The rifle is easily capable, as I am on a good day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast