Quote Originally Posted by vpetrell View Post
That's a good point. I am starting to do my research and am finding the back pressure to be a key component to my purchase.

How does the rc2 do on the shorter barrel?

Can you copy that link for me?

I'm sure there is a can out there that will work great on my sbr and full size. Just need to find it!

Thanks

VP
I must have added the link while you were typing your response haha, here it is again: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Socom-556-RC2

As for how it does on the shorter barrel in depends on what you mean. If you mean sound reduction then I would say that it is just as good as pretty much any other can out there. Which essentially means that there shouldn't be any permanent hearing damage if you had to use your rifle for self defense or for some hunting, but if you were shooting for fun or practice then you should use hearing protection. If you mean durability wise then I think Garin from SureFire answered that question in another area of the Internet:

Originally Posted By Kudu22:
"I know we have never had a SOCOM series can in where the baffles failed or collapsed. Can you run a can to a failure? Absolutely. We do a lot of destructive testing. Recently we actually melted a new Mk18 barrel before the we could get the new SOCOM2 RC can to fail. I mean we melted the barrel to the point molten pieces of the barrel were flying out of the suppressor and finally the barrel above the chamber swelled and split. The insides look charcoal. We were on mag 14 when it happened. I want to state that please do not do this stuff with your suppressor. It will tear your gun up and the can.

The new SOCOM2 series have new computer controlled welding that has lab tests that are over 200% stronger. Doing this welding allows us to not apply as much heat thus keeping the core straighter and faster to build and less time on the EDM machines to do the bore. It is a win, win, win."

I didn't buy a SF silencer because they won the SOCOM contract, but some of the testing that they did in pursuit of that contract did weigh into my decision. It might be out there somewhere, but in my search I couldn't find where any other manufacturer's product had been tested to that extent.