Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Accessory Market

Feedback Score

AR Accessory Market

I am doing some research on the AR 15 rifle and the market for same. I have gone as far as I think is practical with Google and even emailed a few manufacturers but am still needing some more information. I have a very specific question. How many AR piston systems were sold last year, last month, ever? Any input would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Can you be more specific? Are you talking about conversion kits, rifles manufactured as original piston design, or both? When you say piston, I'm assuming you are talking about the op rod variants, and not the legacy design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Too many to the ill-informed.

Feedback Score
    JC- I'm really most interested in conversion kits. However, OEM piston rifle figures would be welcome as well. I simply have no sense for how many are out there hundreds, thousands, millions?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would guess that the "Hundreds of Thousands" number is more likely to be fact.
    I'm not sure how many will be likely to want to answer that question, let alone the real answer. I do however find the question intriguing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At least 3

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You are unlikely to ever get the number. Manufacturers are required to report the number of firearms sold to the ATF. The ATF publishes the numbers, but it's usually a couple years after the fact and they don't break it down by models. Most firearms producers are privately held, so they aren't exactly releasing detailed numbers to the general public.

Feedback Score
    On another site the number you will be told is 87

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ATF reported numbers also wouldn't include piston uppers sold independent of a lower, which aren't a firearm.

This may be a search without end for you OP...

Feedback Score
    ^^^what Stormin said.

There are records, accessible somehow, of actual guns sold because they are required to be kept. I'm not sure there is any good way to determine the number of conversion kits, as that would have to come from sales figures of individual companies.

I hadn't even thought of individual uppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast