Thread: Aero Precision pistol

Feedback Score

Aero Precision pistol

I built a pistol last year for the wife because Aero had a complete 8.5" FDE upper for sale, bought a matching FDE lower and started putting it together with mostly on hand parts. I did try to use decent parts as it was for the wife as her primary home defense weapon. I had a nice Ares Armor BCG, Raptor CH, but the only premium trigger I had was a Tac-Con 241 modular trigger. This was pretty pricey and more than she needed, but it was there for the using, so in it went. I did not have an opportunity to use it, or test it until two weeks ago while in Nevada. It went through the magazines very fast in the first mode and in the second the two stage trigger worked well too. I decided it will stay (Or she decided it would stay) I liked the accuracy at 108 yards (I did not pace very well) I can see the merit of this form factor in Home Defense. It isn't that much shorter when you measure it, but way shorter when you handle it. Now one for me with cheaper parts, just got a Palmetto 8.5, not as nice, but not bad

Feedback Score
    in a house you can turn while going through a door way using these small ar pistols. try that with a 14.5 or 16 not as easy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes it makes a big difference, We both have bedside handguns, me a charter Arms 40 S&W revolver and right now she has a Springfield XD9 Service Mod 2, but they are just for that few feet more to get to an AR, mine a carbine hers this pistol. She has good quality flip up Iron sights, me a cheap red dot. Both of us have had at least three courses of training with rifles for home defense so we believe it to be the best choice. She tried a shotgun and that went poorly due to her small stature, while a shotgun worked for me, I prefer a rifle or an AR pistol myself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Yes it makes a big difference, We both have bedside handguns, me a charter Arms 40 S&W revolver and right now she has a Springfield XD9 Service Mod 2, but they are just for that few feet more to get to an AR, mine a carbine hers this pistol. She has good quality flip up Iron sights, me a cheap red dot. Both of us have had at least three courses of training with rifles for home defense so we believe it to be the best choice. She tried a shotgun and that went poorly due to her small stature, while a shotgun worked for me, I prefer a rifle or an AR pistol myself
    my wife is 5' 6" and prefers the sig m400 while i prefer the aac 9 upper in 300blk pistol... go figure.

than again she has that and a sig 938 and a custom wilson combat part gun using a non wilson frame.

makes life easier when the boss has the same basic intrests as you.

me: honey i need ammo
    boss: me to, lets go to the range after
    me: i need ammo for the range too.
    boss: duh (rolls eyes)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk