Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper spring/buffer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    I don't think it's much of a recoil difference, more of an "impulse"

I describe carbine/mid like this

Carbine is like shooting .40 -quick snap faster cycling

Middy is like shooting .45-flatter "push" smoother cycle

You likely wouldn't tell the difference without them side by side unless you shoot the middy often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok yea makes sense. I really dont like the recoil on a polymer.40 i sold it and bought a .45. Im gonna try those ST-2's I have in each rifle then put the h buffers back in and see how it goes.

Feedback Score

Proper spring/buffer?

I would think you would be fine with either but test the lock back on the t2 with low power ammo

The comparison I was referring to was negligent to recoil itself, just the way it "feels" felt recoil being the same where one has a flatter smooth cycle opposed to a faster "jump" is the best way I've come to explain it

You could experiment with the spring itself also and keep the stock buffer I'm assuming is a CAR, sprinco makes different weight buffer springs which will outlast your standard one

Last edited by boombotz401; 05-02-16 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    I would think you would be fine with either but test the lock back on the t2 with low power ammo

The comparison I was referring to was negligent to recoil itself, just the way it "feels" felt recoil being the same where one has a flatter smooth cycle opposed to a faster "jump" is the best way I've come to explain it

You could experiment with the spring itself also and keep the stock buffer I'm assuming is a CAR, sprinco makes different weight buffer springs which will outlast your standard one

Ok 10-4. Yea Im new to ARs. I understand a heavier buffer will slow down the bolt as would a heavier spring but it still needs to lock back on a last round. I may just leave it alone it shoots great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNegativeOne View Post
    Ok 10-4. Yea Im new to ARs. I understand a heavier buffer will slow down the bolt as would a heavier spring but it still needs to lock back on a last round. I may just leave it alone it shoots great.
    A heavier spring will speed up the bcg.

Edit to add, as said, the heavier buffer smooths and lengthens the recoil impulse, I didn't like at first as the dot floated longer, but working on form has helped. It's much more manageable for strings of fire, and I find it a lot more predictable, resulting in more accurate followups.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-02-16 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another nice thing about the A5 system is that it's very forgiving. i.e. it will accommodate a wider array of configurations. That said, sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place. Good luck and let us know how it works.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm running a JP Enterprises polished buffer spring and the spikes heavy buffer on my BCM 14.5 midlength. Very smooth, you can't hear the spring scrape the buffer tube and can keep the red dot on target with minimal movement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12