Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Weight Loss (Biggest Loser Study)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I am in North Carolina, a right to work state. In my particular AO, unions are not a big thing. When I started in the EMS as a volunteer, 1990ish, (obesity and unfit) was far worse. When I was paid/full-time, at first the county did not care. But then after a study re: missed days due to injury, injury due to obesity, etc., the county became much more focused, but placed the onus on us. Slowly over the years there has been a shift to generally more fit and nutrition-savvy medics. But I would concur that of the three, EMS has, proportionately, a larger share of obese and unfit medics than fire or law enforcement.

I have a buddy that is huge in the Fit Responder program, and he carries the torch locally, travels and teaches with EMS systems and fire departments within a 100 miles or so. So, it is getting traction.

http://www.fitresponder.com/
    BTW, I own the URL FirstResponderFitness.com, as well as TacticalNutrition, etc and have for years. I have done nothing with it to date being too busy with other projects. Someone does have a site with that name, and contacted me to buy it, and I declined. Potential there is huge as an assist for first responders of all kinds, but I can't do that chit alone.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    BTW, I own the URL FirstResponderFitness.com, as well as TacticalNutrition, etc and have for years. I have done nothing with it to date being too busy with other projects. Someone does have a site with that name, and contacted me to buy it, and I declined. Potential there is huge as an assist for first responders of all kinds, but I can't do that chit alone.
    Dude, I'd love to get into some of that. What an untapped population.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Dude, I'd love to get into some of that. What an untapped population.
    Yup, and many are focusing on that area now, but I had that idea at least a decade ago. I have a ton of good ideas. I'm an idea guy, but not always a business development guy, so have usually teamed up with companies or people with those skill sets.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678