Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash/Comp/Muzzle for a 10.5

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our Covert Comp is excellent for reducing blast and controlling flash, especially from short barrels.

10.5" barrels are pretty blasty and flashy with just an A2. They can be downright unpleasant.

The same barrel equipped with a Covert Comp is much nicer to shoot, subjectively similar to a 16" with an A2.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    10.5's are brutal to shoot and even more so to shoot beside. If it's legL in your area, I'd paid a beak with a can. Otherwise, maybe something like a Noveske KX3/KX5 or Griffin Blast Shield or Gemtech Blast Jacket would be ok.

Feedback Score
    From all the test videos I've watched I don't think any linear comps that actually reduce concussion relative to an A2 are going to minimize flash anywhere close to as well. I've had the BCM comp, and while it does cut down on recoil a bit, you still have to fight muzzle rise, and it definitely increases concussion. Furthermore the BCM comps are not compatible with current Gemtech HALOs or Griffin cans. They are not exactly to A2 spec where it matters.

If you're interested in SureFire cans, and I do recommend them, the Warcomp is an excellent muzzle device. It doesn't do a lot for recoil, but it doesn't add significant concussion either while killing flash better than an A2 (as good as the SF 3-prong FH) at the same time it keeps the muzzle flat and centered. Its porting is biased for shooting from the right shoulder, but you can time it neutrally and it will stabilize straight back and keep the muzzle down. And it doesn't ring noticeably like the regular 3-prong FH. They really worked some magic with the porting to diffuse the side blast and kill the flash. It's easily the best can-compatible compensator on the market IMO. I have one on my 10.5" clocked normally, and one on my precision recce clocked neutrally.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Op, I recently assembled a 10.5" SBR and chose the AAC breakout 2.0. I haven't brought it to the range yet, but as others have commented, SBR's are downright rude to those on your left and right. Personally, there's no getting around it without a can. I also have a 12.5" with an AAC brake. The ports are left and right with smaller ports on the top and bottom. It shoots absolutely flat, but my neighbors hate me. �� I finally got my can and everything is good.

Here's a look at my new breakout. I'll try to get to the range this weekend and provide a report. When choosing a muzzle device, I'd be sure to consider can compatibility or choose the can you want and buy a dedicated device.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by amac; 05-23-16 at 07:02.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We pulled the BattleComp off of Pappabear's 10.5. I cause brain damage each time you fired the thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Op, I recently assembled a 10.5" SBR and chose the AAC breakout 2.0. I haven't brought it to the range yet, but as others have commented, SBR's are downright rude to those on your left and right. Personally, there's no getting around it without a can. I also have a 12.5" with an AAC brake. The ports are left and right with smaller ports on the top and bottom. It shoots absolutely flat, but my neighbors hate me. �� I finally got my can and everything is good.

Here's a look at my new breakout. I'll try to get to the range this weekend and provide a report. When choosing a muzzle device, I'd be sure to consider can compatibility or choose the can you want and buy a dedicated device.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    My Pic quality is terrible. I'll try to re-post with an upload from Flickr.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12