Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nickel Teflon (NP3) Bolt Carrier Group BCG

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a Sionics NP3 and it got much "slicker" after a few hundred rounds. I actually have no problem with several NiB BCG's I run as even though they get darker they are still slick as can be. However, likely due to IraqGunz involvement I believe in the base quality of Sionics and NP3 is slick, retains it's finish, and cleans up easily! Now they just need to come back in stock!

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Don't have one but the material properties of NP3 seem well suited for a BCG WRT coefficient of friction, heat tolerance, wear tolerance, etc etc.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have a Sionics BCG that I run in my suppressed 300blk SBR. It's been great so far, and cleaning is a breeze.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I have a Sionics BCG that I run in my suppressed 300blk SBR. It's been great so far, and cleaning is a breeze.
    2nd this. I have been running the Sionics in a 9" suppressed 300 blk. Running handloads that get very dirty and cleanup has been a pleasure. It is a night and day difference from the AAC nickel boron carrier. Clean up is a breeze with the sionics! Super High quality piece, just wish I would have picked up the bolt also.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, as I'd also been looking at picking up an NP3 bcg. I almost purchased this one, but it went OOS before I made up my mind.

http://www.righttobear.com/Nickel-Te...CG-p/ntbcg.htm

I've seen the Sharps offering, but not the other two. So thanks for posting those links. The DS does look like a good value, but it also appears that only select parts are NP3 coated. Maybe that's the reason for the lower price?

I look forward to following this thread and hope you'll post an update if you decide on one!
    I listed these 3 because they represent 3 separate categories. The DSA is the least expensive,...the SCIONICS because their brand comes highly recommended here, and the SRC because of the unique carrier design along with the NP3 Plus coating. Others include:

Stag Arms
    https://www.stagarms.com/nickel-tefl...-right-handed/

TR Enabling M-16 Obsidian
    http://www.tr-enabling.com/product-p/m16obbcg.htm

Wilson Combat
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Bolt-Car...fo/TR-BCA-NP3/

Kaiser
    https://www.kaiserus.com/product/ksp...carrier-group/

Feedback Score
    Only have experience with SIONICS, easy to clean up after 1000 rounds. Wipes off easy with some paper towel and Fireclean. And if I'm not mistaken, this is Robar's NP3 coating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yrch21 View Post
    Only have experience with SIONICS, easy to clean up after 1000 rounds. Wipes off easy with some paper towel and Fireclean. And if I'm not mistaken, this is Robar's NP3 coating.
    NP3 is a Robar coating. I reached out to Robar and verified that they do Sionics' Bolt and my POC said that he liked the Sionics bolts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cd228 View Post
    NP3 is a Robar coating. I reached out to Robar and verified that they do Sionics' Bolt and my POC said that he liked the Sionics bolts.
    Thanks, I saw your previous post on this matter as well as FJB's response to your question on lighfighter that I thought I would mention it since someone brought up Robar. Since my entire BCG has the identical coating, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was coated by Robar. Anyhow, I bet the Robar BCG would be good to go as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yrch21 View Post
    Thanks, I saw your previous post on this matter as well as FJB's response to your question on lighfighter that I thought I would mention it since someone brought up Robar. Since my entire BCG has the identical coating, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was coated by Robar. Anyhow, I bet the Robar BCG would be good to go as well.
    I tend to agree with you. Robar has a good rep that have built and maintained for a long time.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is the sonics bcg chrome lined in the bore of the carrier and gas key, under the np3? I may have asked or seen this before, but does anyone have a picture of a bolt or cam pin after a few thousand rounds on an np3 bcg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast