Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimum You Will Carry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I also don't keep one in the fridge "just in case."
    Funny you say that. I used to have this image in my mind that the one time someone was going to kick my door in would be while I was in the shower just starting to rinse the shampo out of my hair or on the john. Never gave it serious enough thought to find a solution to a gun in the shower that wouldn't freek out my wife but I still entertain thoughts about getting a little derringer or Kel-tec within easy reach of the throne.
    Last edited by Bigkrackers; 05-09-16 at 06:23.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I carry a 9mm Walther PPS M2/no 2nd magazine when I leave the house if I'm dressed in a manner that it can be concealed. Otherwise I might throw a J-frame in my pocket. I don't carry a gun around the house, nor when I'm mowing the lawn. Sometimes, I'll carry at work but that would be rare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    Funny you say that. I used to have this image in my mind that the one time someone was going to kick my door in would be while I was in the shower just starting to rinse the shampo out of my hair or on the john. Never gave it serious enough thought to find a solution to a gun in the shower that wouldn't freek out my wife but I still entertain thoughts about getting a little derringer or Kel-tec within easy reach of the throne.
    I've seen people put one in a plastic baggie and stick it in the reservoir of the toilet.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My edc is a G19 unless the occasion calls for formal clothes. Then it's a J frame 38. In the house I have the J frame on the coffee table, I don't actually carry in the house. Also don't bother carrying while doing yard work. I have more of a chance of being run over by a soccer mom driving a G wagon then having an actual confrontation with a bad guy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only times I don't have my G19 on me is when I'm in the office or the gym, at which time it's locked in the truck within eyesight. Otherwise it's AIWB mainly because I know it's under my control and not going to be touched by anyone else.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Small 380 w/ laser does it for me, when I want to carry while wearing shorts. Many scoff at the idea of a 380, but look up theFBI data on the Corbon 380 load ... as it outperforms 38 Special loads. And yet many who frown at a small 380 think nothing of strapping on a J-frame 38sp ... I don't get it ...

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I don't set foot at gas station without a pistol on me. Doing yard work and loafing around the house? I keep a pistol within easy reach of the front door and my bedroom but I don't have a holster strapped to me 24+ hours a day.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This http://www.midwayusa.com/product/270...p32-p3at-steel

With a LCP has served me well. It is made for the Keltec, but fit just fine on the LCP.

When not in shorts and wearing jeans, you can place the clip between the jeans and under your belt. Have a little fat roll and the thing just about disappears.

Feedback Score
    G19 pretty much all the time. OWB at work, IWB the rest of the time.
    I used to alternate between that, a Polish P64 in 9mm mak, and a little Keltec p32. I don't wear shorts, I don't tan, and I got over the burn decades ago. If at the beach, walking the surf line, I'll drop the 32 in my pocket. I used the p64 for smaller concealment. But, I got better at always concealing the g19, so now it's that almost all the time.

Before somebody freaks at the 32, at the time, Ruger and glock didn't have any 380s or small 9mm yet, not a lot of options. A friend who had both Keltec pistols said the 32 was significantly more accurate than the 380, and a hit with a 32 is still better than a miss with the 380. The p64 was cheap, well built, and a bit more power than 380.
    Thought of selling both and getting a little Ruger or glock, but just don't use a gun that small enough to justify going through the trouble.
    About to transition to a hi power, though. That will make the g19 my compact gun.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    ..... but I still entertain thoughts about getting a little derringer or Kel-tec within easy reach of the throne. :)
    Smith 625 with 4 moonclips within reach of my throne.

I know there are two schools of thought about loaded weapons around the house - and I understand totally if you have wee beasties or grand beasties. I have no kids (that I know of:) and accept the other associated risks.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast