Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1161

Thread: Gary Johnson polling at 15% (was 13%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I bet if we asked him about different grades of marijuana he'd know every single one.
    Tommy F'ing Chong for POTUS.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    That's an embarrassment.
    It does not have win written on it, that's for sure. I think he'll still pick up the same % of votes he would have at this point regardless, just as I don't think that debate with Trump and HC changed any minds at this point. He's strong on intent and honesty and big picture Libertarian ideals I tend to agree with, short on details when called on and has a brain freeze. HC was far better prepared for that debate in terns of cool collected details (many of which were incorrect...) than trump, especially during the second half, and it didn't make me any more interested in her than before. Hence, yes, would help goofball dingbat GJ to be sharper on those issues when called on, but be it a few too many bongs hits or age, or he's just not good in that area, but it does not change anything on the larger picture per se. I will tell you during a big seminar in front of 300+ people, I had a total brain lock on a topic I know in my sleep and that's a bummer.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It does not have win written on it, that's for sure. I think he'll still pick up the same % of votes he would have at this point regardless, just as I don't think that debate with Trump and HC changed any minds at this point. He's strong on intent and honesty and big picture Libertarian ideals I tend to agree with, short on details when called on and has a brain freeze. HC was far better prepared for that debate in terns of cool collected details (many of which were incorrect...) than trump, especially during the second half, and it didn't make me any more interested in her than before. Hence, yes, would help goofball dingbat GJ to be sharper on those issues when called on, but be it a few too many bongs hits or age, or he's just not good in that area, but it does not change anything on the larger picture per se. I will tell you during a big seminar in front of 300+ people, I had a total brain lock on a topic I know in my sleep and that's a bummer.
    I know you don't believe me when I type it, but I'll type it again just in case: Gary Johnson is a froot loop, a looney tune, a tool, a fake, a fraud, a loose cannon that fires in his own chosen direction regardless of the consequences. Gary Johnson wants what helps Gary Johnson's career and resume. He likes to puff himself up as this great anti-establishment dude like Jesse Ventura. But he is to Jesse Ventura what Barney Fife is to Sheriff Andy Taylor.

Literally I think voting him into office would be like electing a Timothy Leary type. He's that bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I can understand brain lock, it happens.
    The difference is Gary seems to have it happen often and in interviews where he might be better off focused and expecting this. He has become the Punching Dummy now for MSNBC, he can't win the election, but the folks at MSNBC know he is taking votes that they feel should be going to the Democratic Candidate.
    After talking about all of the weed he has smoked, the last thing I want after seeing these events is that guy getting a call at 2 AM, something akin to Benghazi? He looks like he will choke, just like he did in these interviews.
    If the Libertarian Party wants to be taken seriously and fill a vacuum that the other two Parties have created, then they need someone with a modicum of decorum and an ability to handle situations like these.
    I'm a Libertarian at heart, one of my greatest disappointments this cycle has been the Paul didn't move to Libertarian when the GOP turned in to a Circus.

Feedback Score
    The difference is Gary seems to have it happen often and in interviews where he might be better off focused and expecting this. He has become the Punching Dummy now for MSNBC, he can't win the election, but the folks at MSNBC know he is taking votes that they feel should be going to the Democratic Candidate.
    Bingo! They have to destroy (:cough: expose) him because he takes votes from Hillary rather than Trump. That is the only reason he is asked to be on any MSM "news" show.

After talking about all of the weed he has smoked, the last thing I want after seeing these events is that guy getting a call at 2 AM, something akin to Benghazi? He looks like he will choke, just like he did in these interviews.
    Was that a typo? Should that read "toke"?

If the Libertarian Party wants to be taken seriously and fill a vacuum that the other two Parties have created, then they need someone with a modicum of decorum and an ability to handle situations like these.
    I'm a Libertarian at heart, one of my greatest disappointments this cycle has been the Paul didn't move to Libertarian when the GOP turned in to a Circus.
    The Libertarian isn't Libertarian anymore. It's quasi-liberal.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-29-16 at 10:36.

Feedback Score

Paul was once a Libertarian and was that party's nominee for POTUS in 1988. Needless to say, he came back and I'll allow your imagination to run wild as to why he did that. I will say that both of the Pauls (Ron and Rand) have a penchant for throwing libertarian principles aside when it suits their needs and political expediency - just like Gary Johnson.

As for the Libertarian Party, it is a freak show because the deeper you get into the philosophy, the more you must believe in unicorns, chocolate rivers, and candy rainbows to think that it can work in America. We are not a nation founded on Libertarianism. It's simply not in our DNA.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting:

"Today this newspaper does something it has never done in its 143-year history: endorse someone other than the Republican candidate in a presidential contest.

Since its founding in 1873, The Detroit News has backed a Republican every time it has made a presidential endorsement (three times we have sat on the sidelines — twice during the Franklin Roosevelt elections and in the 2004 Bush/Kerry:"

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...dent/91254412/

And:

The Detroit News endorses Gary Johnson, abandoning Republicans for first time

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erous-it-says/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-29-16 at 16:46.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I know you don't believe me when I type it, but I'll type it again just in case: Gary Johnson is a froot loop, a looney tune, a tool, a fake, a fraud, a loose cannon that fires in his own chosen direction regardless of the consequences. Gary Johnson wants what helps Gary Johnson's career and resume.
    Sounds just like two other candidates for President, to me.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Sounds just like two other candidates for President, to me.
    Indeed. Johnson at least has more actual governing experience than either combined and has not been a serial flip flopper, etc. It's not about GJ at this point as it is about GJ vs Trump vs HC. Given those choices, and those are the only choices we now have, I agree with The Detroit News...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And another:

A principled option for U.S. president: Endorsing Gary Johnson, Libertarian
    The Chicago Tribune endorses Libertarian Gary Johnson.

"As Nov. 8 looms, a dismayed, disconsolate America waits and wonders: What is it about 2016?

How has our country fallen so inescapably into political and policy gridlock? How did pandering to aggrieved niche groups and seducing blocs of angry voters replace working toward solutions as the coin of our governing class? How could the Democratic and Republican parties stagger so far from this nation's political mainstream?

And the most pressing question: What should tens of millions of voters who yearn for answers do with two major-party candidates they disdain? Polls show an unprecedented number of people saying they wish they had another choice."

Cont

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...930-story.html
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast