Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vltor A5 with BCM 11.5"

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Anyone running an adjustable gas block with their A5? If so, which A5 buffer weight are you using? And are you shooting suppressed and/or unsuppressed?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Anyone running an adjustable gas block with their A5? If so, which A5 buffer weight are you using? And are you shooting suppressed and/or unsuppressed?
    I have a 11.5" BCM upper with the A5 setup. Whatever buffer the standard VLTOR weight one is. Syrac adjustable gas block. I tuned it down to a click or two above the minimum to cycle unsuppressed. Still cycles suppressed just fine. Did it that way because I wanted to tune the gas down, then set it and forget it in such a manner that both with or without the can will work. Oh, and the can is a Surefire 7.62 Mini.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    That's exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. Thanks. I believe the standard buffer is an A5H2. Have you tried turning the gas down a little further using an A5H1 or A5H0? Or would that possibly create issues?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Haven't tried, don't see any reason to since the gun is already running reliably.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    That's exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. Thanks. I believe the standard buffer is an A5H2. Have you tried turning the gas down a little further using an A5H1 or A5H0? Or would that possibly create issues?
    Why would you do this? What is your goal? Are you running a can?

Shorties will typically run with a heavier buffer doesn't matter if it's a A5 or a carbine system.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Why would you do this? What is your goal? Are you running a can?

Shorties will typically run with a heavier buffer doesn't matter if it's a A5 or a carbine system.
    I will be running a 12.5 Daniel Defense barrel on my SBR with an SLR adjustable gas block. I've got the A5 system for it which I have yet to install. It will be run both suppressed and unsuppressed with mostly PMC bronze and wolf gold. I'm just trying to get an idea for which buffer weight will work best from anyone who may have experimented with a similar setup. I'm curious if it's better to try and tune it down to the lightest buffer it will run reliably, or stick with a standard A5H2 and tune it accordingly?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you already have the a5h2, tune it to that with the AGB. If you are purchasing a buffer, get the a5h4 and a cheap carbine buffer. This will allow you to swap weights to whatever you want.

And i suggest using a springco green.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. I have a Sprinco green spring and an A5H2 already. Plus I have an A5H0. I have a 16.5 Daniel Defense mid length with adjustable gas block and a BCM 14.5 mid length without an adjustable gas block, either of which may be better suited to try the A5H0 with.
    Last edited by wigbones; 05-11-16 at 19:56.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. I have a Sprinco green spring and an A5H2 already. Plus I have an A5H0. I have a 16.5 Daniel Defense mid length with adjustable gas block and a BCM 14.5 mid length without an adjustable gas block, either of which may be better suited to try the A5H0 with.
    The BCM 14.5 mid should run fine with the A5H0, that is what they recommend I think. If you have AGBs on the other two uppers (DD 16 and 12.5), the A5H2 is the buffer to use IMO.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I appreciate the advice. Sounds like a good place to start. I'll give these setups a try and then take it from there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast