Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need info locating Statistics for Why we do what we do...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A wise professor of mine once said, "you just have to let some SOB's die ignorant." Don't waste your time trying to convert an idiot.

Feedback Score
    I am completely dumbfounded when talking ARs to people not in the know. When confronted with facts (I even carry a copy of the "Chart" in my range bag) people will defend there ignorant choice to the bitter end. Maybe, its because they don't want to admit that they made an uninformed choice to begin with. Remember the 3 things you can't school a man on, How to f--k, fight, or shoot...most egos won't allow help in these areas. This will be an exercise in futility my man. Good luck with that!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris2163 View Post
    I am completely dumbfounded when talking ARs to people not in the know. When confronted with facts (I even carry a copy of the "Chart" in my range bag) people will defend there ignorant choice to the bitter end. Maybe, its because they don't want to admit that they made an uninformed choice to begin with. Remember the 3 things you can't school a man on, How to f--k, fight, or shoot...most egos won't allow help in these areas. This will be an exercise in futility my man. Good luck with that!
    Of course they will. They dont want to admitt to themeselves, or their wives, that they spent a bucket of money on a "range queen" gun.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    Also contributing to the problem, is that people are spoiled by buying cheap chinese crap in Wally World. They've lost touch with the sort of price tag that comes with quality.

To the average joe, there is a pretty big imaginary pricetag barrier around the $1000 mark (I see this in art pricing a lot). Roughly $1000 for a rifle seems ridiculous to them, and it is an unshakable pillar of their universe that such a rifle is overpriced and/or overbuilt, while cheaper rifles are not simply "good enough" , but normal., because they have a more "normal" pricetag.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    On that same note, how many of use have seen those less than carbines decked out with another 700-800.00 dollars in accessories and optics? I know I have. It's because they strive to have that tacticool gun from the magazines and don't seem to care if it is reliable. I remember a time in the Army when any type of optic was either verbot or strictly issued to SOF.

A weapon with a cool guy optic that doesn't always work is less reliable than my iron sight gun that runs right.

Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    Also contributing to the problem, is that people are spoiled by buying cheap chinese crap in Wally World. They've lost touch with the sort of price tag that comes with quality.

To the average joe, there is a pretty big imaginary pricetag barrier around the $1000 mark (I see this in art pricing a lot). Roughly $1000 for a rifle seems ridiculous to them, and it is an unshakable pillar of their universe that such a rifle is overpriced and/or overbuilt, while cheaper rifles are not simply "good enough" , but normal., because they have a more "normal" pricetag.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    A wise professor of mine once said, "you just have to let some SOB's die ignorant." Don't waste your time trying to convert an idiot.
    I agree. No need to waste time & energy trying to convince fools...

A buddy texted me this last night:

Green Mountain guns has the Arnalite AR15 a4 on sale for 799
    He has a bushmaster and thinks that it's perfectly normal for AR's to jam...

For some people price is the ONLY factor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The truth, or at least my version of it, is that most people don't care enough to see the difference, and for what most of them do, it really doesn't matter.

The typical internet poster on most gunboards is lucky to get out shooting a couple times a year, and for their 200 rounds of paper killing fun time, they will never find out the points you are trying to make.

Don't waste your time.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    On that same note, how many of use have seen those less than carbines decked out with another 700-800.00 dollars in accessories and optics? I know I have. It's because they strive to have that tacticool gun from the magazines and don't seem to care if it is reliable. I remember a time in the Army when any type of optic was either verbot or strictly issued to SOF.

A weapon with a cool guy optic that doesn't always work is less reliable than my iron sight gun that runs right.
    In case you haven't noticed, 97% of the people who own these guns don't really shoot them and thanks to BARFCom most simply use them as platforms to mount the latest neat toy and take a picture of. The rifle doesn't actually need to work for that purpose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123