Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silencer suggestion for 6.5 precision rifle

Feedback Score

Silencer suggestion for 6.5 precision rifle

I have a friend getting into some kind of practical precision matches and he just bought a 6.5cm rpr. He's looking at suppressing it.

What is common, or what do you guys suggest? Accuracy will be #1 priority with cost 2nd. Sound 3rd. Weight and length tied for 4th. He may also want to use it on some 30cal rifles, but i,don't know for sure yet.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not the answer you were looking for, but why not a brake? You'll need ear pro anyway at a match and brakes are much better at keeping you on target so you can self-spot your impacts. Plus they're lighter, smaller, cheaper, no ATF if he travels to ban states.

I have a suppressor for my 6.5, but I never use it. I just use a brake now.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 08-28-16 at 13:52.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I'm going to agree with Koshinn on this. I have a 762SDN-6 I got to go back and forth from my Blackout and my 260 Remington. scope never goes on my 260 Remington anymore, just use the AAC 51T muzzle brake now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thunder Beast Ultra in 9" or 7". There are .30cal or 6.5 models made specifically for the precision shooting market.

Feedback Score
    I second the Thunder Beast Ultra Compact Brake Suppressors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    Thunder Beast Ultra in 9" or 7". There are .30cal or 6.5 models made specifically for the precision shooting market.
    Ditto. I have a TB 6.5 Ultra 7" suppressor for my 6.5x47 Lapua bolt rifle.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. I saw the thunderbeast was popular but don't hear about them much here.

The reason for the can is a more comfortable experience during practice sessions. He may want something he can use on other rifles as well for hunting. The only silencer he's used is my pistol can, and he's not set on getting one but he's interested.

Stupid question alert, how is recoil reduction from cans. I assumed it wod be between a flash hider and a break, is this incorrect? I believe he'll have a spotter.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-28-16 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    I notice significant recoil reduction from the Ultra CB9 when I shoot with the can attached as opposed to when I shoot unsuppressed with just the Compact Brake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another brand to take a look at, especially if price is another factor... http://www.suppressedarmament.com/Suppressors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast