Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binocular recommendation needed

Feedback Score
    Best bang for the buck, definitely the Vortex Razor HDs. Nice glass for the price point.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i can't imagine spending $1500 on 8x. i have looked through maybe 5 different 8x binos. i can hardly tell a difference between the ones i've looked through. they're good enough grade. 8x is so light, you can't even spot hits at 100 yards. i only use them for spotting shots at 25 yards, maybe a little more like 40. they're good for looking at other stuff too i guess, but what's your use?

if i'm going to spend over 1000, it should be on a spotting scope that has 40x or more capability.
    Last edited by trinydex; 05-19-16 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have Zeiss Conquest HDs and Vortex Razor HDs both in 10x42 and the Vortex glass is slightly brighter and clearer and the Zeiss build quality is a bit more refined. After trying various versions at a specialty birding store I see no reason for 8x... Also to move up appreciably from the $1000 price point you need go up to $2500+.

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Agreed. I have gone to hunting stores in Germany and looked through Steiner, Zeiss, and Leica glass side by side with Vortex that I own and there really isn't any difference to my eye that will justify the Steiner etc price point. Everything boils down at some point to what works best for you and so far head to head in every category the winners have been Vortex and Redfield, a Leupold crew,everytime. Rifle scopes, red dots, spotting scopes and binocs, it somehow always works down to those same two for me. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    It's great that I've found this thread as I'm looking for a good binocular. Any updates here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory234 View Post
    It's great that I've found this thread as I'm looking for a good binocular. Any updates here?
    The top choices are still pretty much the same, albeit there have been some enhancements since 2016. I still think the best bang for the buck for high end binos is the Vortex Razor HD binos, which you can get for around $1,000 now. Vortex also has a Razor UHD line that is in the $1,700 range, and of course the Swarovski binos are still pretty much the #1 choice if price isn't an issue, with some other great options from companies like Zeiss, Leica, Maven, etc.

Do you have a budget? That will really determine the best suggestions for you.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not a glass guru, but the pair I tried that blew me away was the Steiner Marine Bnocs. The only run 300-500 bucks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not a glass guru, but the pair I tried that blew me away was the Steiner Marine Bnocs. The only run 300-500 bucks.
    Heard a lot of good things about that model.
    Not sure if you find those, but i think it is worth to have a look at kemimoto website for the hunting accessories. They have a decent choice of quality products and i am sure you will find some good quality binoculars as well. If you are not sure, what exactly to choose, you can always right to their support and ask for an advice.
    Last edited by alexiv; 09-24-23 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    Go to store with vortex and Leupold. They both have great warranties. Compare them side by side and get the best one you feel comfortable paying for., but avoid the bottom end models. They are all pretty good nowadays.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by City Rat View Post
    Guys,
    I love the Vortex raptors I have. I like Steiner and Leica as much as the next guy but Vortex glass is crisp, clear, durable and has never failed me in the field. Great CS , can't beat the gaurantee. Just a thought, good luck. http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/binoculars
    Raptors are great budget binos. I have a pair of the 8.5x32s that go everywhere my truck does and see a ton of use.

They are definitely in a different class than $1500 binoculars though. I can see a significant improvement even with my Japanese Leupold 8x42s.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast