Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Binocular recommendation needed

Feedback Score
    Check out Maven Optics. They have a demo program that lets you try them out before you buy them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I own Swarovski 8 x 42 ELs that were an open-box end-of-SHOT Show display set. Cost me right at $1K.

They are excellent glass.

You might take a look at Kowas with Prominar Fluorite HD lenses.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    “You get what you pay for” comes to mind with optics.
    You will not be able to discern detail/PID at even 200 yds at, or just before first light with bargain glass.
    If that capability isn’t needed, if one is just trying to “see stuff” in full daylight, bargain glass may be sufficient.
    My hunting glass includes Leica, Minox and Kahles Bino’s. All have been more than adequate, the edge going to Leica.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have Swarovski Companions 8x32's that I use daily at my work. I'm a ship pilot. I climb up rope ladders to board moving vessels in the ocean and then sort of guide and valet park them at their berth. My bino's are an extremely important tool to me. I've been using and abusing them for about 6 years now. Can't recommend them enough.
    I think they were $1099 when I bought them. I believe they are a couple hundred bucks more nowadays. But still under $1500.
    Last edited by matemike; 11-25-23 at 13:32.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score

Binoculars

1- Maven B3 30mm ED Compact Binocular

In the world of optics, the Maven B3 30mm ED Compact Binocular has carved out a niche for itself. This binocular marries form and function in a compact design that is suited to both adults and the adventurous at heart. This is no ordinary binocular; it is a piece of optical innovation that has amassed accolades such as Outdoor Life’s “Best Buy” award in 2016 and the Gray’s Best award in 2017.

2- Maven B1.2 42mm ED Binoculars (8X42, Black/Gray)

Maven B1.2 42mm ED Binoculars (8X42, Black/Gray) are truly a game-changer in the world of optics. Brand Maven has really outdone themselves with this adult-range, superior quality binocular. These binoculars are lightweight, portable and a must-have for any outdoor adventure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123