Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk Custom/Korth Revolvers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nighthawk Custom/Korth Revolvers

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/korth

Heard this on 'Gun Talk Radio' earlier tonight.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I really like the look of that Mongoose, and would really like one in 3" barrel.

I'm really interested in the cylinder conversions too. I think it's nice to be able to shoot 9 mm thru it.

One thing I'm not sure about: what's the Night Hawk Custom part about? How are they involved in this? I'm far from an expert on Korth revolvers, or any revolvers for that matter, but Korth is German from what I remember. So is NHC importing these? Or was there some sort of transfer of ownership in the company?

Feedback Score
    If my memory serves correct, Korth already stand on their own as a top tier revolver manufacturer.... Does Nighthawk just refinish/rebrand it? I'm slightly confused as well.

Feedback Score
    Not sure. Those .357's are coming in well under the price of a real Korth though by about $2K.

Probably due to the lower grade finish. Although if Colt were still making the Python this about what one would cost. I am intrigued.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I played with them at the Nighthawk booth at the NRA show this summer..... Very nice guns.... Not sure they are worth the extra cash but they were very nice.

Feedback Score
    as much as I like the sound of the mongoose the pricing is just silly, especially for a "budget" model...

seeing this makes the gunbroker prices on pre-lock S&W's seem less ridiculous

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pricing... feels high on the Mongoose, I agree. Then again when I open Nighthawk I expect to see pricing that says "We want your business, but we don't NEED it."

A little higher than I hoped for from the Sky Hawk by about 4 bills. Ah well, I'm sure the Charter clipless 9mm is just as good. If the workmanship is up to par, it's about what I'd end up paying for a Colt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I for one would rather buy a Korth/NH than pay the rapacious prices Python pushers are demanding.
    Pythons must still be smithed for competition level performance and the number of competent Python
    pistol smiths is diminishing.
    Not that there were many to begin with and that is going back 20 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    I for one would rather buy a Korth/NH than pay the rapacious prices Python pushers are demanding.
    Pythons must still be smithed for competition level performance and the number of competent Python
    pistol smiths is diminishing.
    Not that there were many to begin with and that is going back 20 years.
    why go with either when you can get a tuned smith for well under $1000 even off of gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unless you won the life lottery that is what most everyone does. I sold off my Pythons when I
    got real serious about PPC and later Bianchi Cup Revolver iron sight. The Colt stacks at the end
    of the trigger stroke, which is good if you stage trigger at longer range but annoying when you
    want pull through the short stages.
    The Smith's are same all the time, more availability of parts, many more competent smiths and
    they cost less, plus if you really like to stage trigger at long range as I do you can drill back of
    trigger, insert roll pin trimmed to 3/16" from stop and slip some surgical tubing on, to stack just
    a bit, resulting in a single action feel for the 25 & 50 yard stages.
    Take it off if your shooting movers at Bianchi .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast