Thread: 10mm Lehigh xtreme penetrator

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

10mm Lehigh xtreme penetrator

Ok, to preface, this is just anecdotal observations, so take it for what it is worth. I don't have video equipment and wasn't expecting much either so no photos or anything. Again, just casual observation.

Pistol: Glock G20sf with stormlake 6" barrel.

Load: 140gr xtreme penetrator, starline brass, cci large pistol primer, 13.5 grains of blue dot

1535 fps measured 8 ft from muzzle with basic chrony chronograph.

My normal load is a 180gr gold dot over AA#9 for 1300 fps.

Recoil is a little different from the gold dot load. Faster and snappier vs slower and a harder push.

This projectile lives up to its name. It went through two 4x4's (compressed, treated lumber) stacked together like nothing. I only had 4 one gallon milk jugs with water with me. All obliterated with one shot. Took another shot at the two 4x4's with a 2x4 behind it. Through and through. That's 8 3/4" of lumber. No recovery of the bullet.

This is not a home defense round where over penetration is concerned. It will go through all your walls and probably your next two neighbors after going through the perp.

You need barrier blind? I will depend on this before any .223 round. There. I said it. Flame away. Very impressive load.

I have never been so impressed by a handgun round for getting through.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 04-29-17 at 14:37.