Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest pleasant surprise you had with a model

Feedback Score

Biggest pleasant surprise you had with a model

I wanted but could not afford a nice semi auto pistol in the mid 80s.
    A GD got me thinking about how much more relative guns were then.

A Beretta was the equivalent of a thousand today bucks in those days. But relatively much cheaper now.
    A Colt SP1 relatively about the same cost then as new 6920 now.
    A new IROC Camaro was about 10k. That is about the same as 23000 today dollars. They are relatively much more expensive for the equivalent Camaro now.

I bought a used alloy frame Star 9mm with two mags.
    The BKM I believe.
    That little not quite a 1911 clone scaled down version of a 45 was very concealable,
    And functioned.
    And was as accurate as I am now.
    I don't know how it would hold up to serious use.
    I sold it in the early 90s.

I had paid 110 dollars for it.
    That would be like about 250 now.

It was a pleasant surprise I got a working little semi auto.

So, for 250 what can you go out and get a nice little shooter now,
    Or what model turned out to be way better than you thought or a steal for what they go for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you talking new or used?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Can be new or used.

And I don't mean robbing somebody blind.

Just,
    The going rate for a new or used gun that up is a great deal and you really liked.

It can be a CZ clone, Beretta clone, Glock clone, 1911 clone,
    It's own design, whatever.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For me, the Beretta 92G Vertec.
    It was a used popo SWAT gun with no Dept markings that I got for $325.

It was a shooting little pistol and due to temporary early onset Alzheimers I traded it not knowing how discontinued they were. The blued ones.

It haunts my dreams.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only gun thay fits the price was a used S&W 5906 I bought few years ago. Came with 2 mags and very bright night sights. The whole thing was like new and $250. Played with if for a while then sent it down the road. Otherwise I've gotten a few good deals on police trades within the last few years. Like new G22 with night sights for $295. I know it's a 40 but a a Glock for under $300... Another one was a S&W model 13 38spl/357 for $285 cause it was a re import with CAI stamped on the side.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Picked up a damn near new S&W 5906 for 250 with a single mag, original box, etc. Smooth as butter. Not a sexy or uncommon pistol but it's been my favorite hammer fired gun forever.

I just landed a Beretta 84 for $250 that should be waiting for me when I get home. Haven't seen it in person but it looked good enough and the price was reasonable enough to roll the dice.

Also landed a BNIB police trade Glock 17 Gen 4. Night sights, extra mag, etc for $350. Still had the original Glock grease inside.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RIA GI 1911 $325 NIB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There was this smokin' blonde chick at.....

Wait, wrong model story.

Picked up a Smith 622 Target knowing nothing about it, it was sitting in the used gun case at a local shop. It is a pain to take apart and detail strip/clean, but it is extremely fun to shoot. I have used it to introduce several people, including my daughter, to shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recent surprises:

I like shooting the M&P Shield which I bought for the wife because the price seemed too good to pass up.

I really have fun shooting my LCP, I mean it is a hoot. Thanks to the big Cabella's sale and Cabella's bucks, I'm into it for less than a $100.00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP, your post reminded me of one I forgot about. It was a Star Firestar 40 S&W that I picked up used but like new for $175 with two mags. It was a great gun. Reliable and very accurate. Wish I still had it..... Another is my S&W Model 60 .357 Mag snubby in stainless. Paid $300 and was offered $500 the following week. It's a keeper.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast