Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto vs. Semi Trigger Groups

Feedback Score

Auto vs. Semi Trigger Groups

What's the difference between semi and auto trigget groups? Other than the hammer and sear ofcourse? Are the triggers and disconnectors interchangeable?

Feedback Score
    The disconnector has a nub of material to hold it back when the selector is in the auto or burst position; the rear of the trigger is cut out for the tail of the auto disconnector.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A true auto gun has a tail on the end, on semi ones they are chopped off. Also, depending on model(s) and companies the pin diameters can be different. In a burst gun there are essentially two disconnectors and the "ratchet" on the right side. I guess I never looked close enough but I thought that the rear of all triggers were open?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have an excellent FBI animation for this, which shows how the trigger engages on semi, full and burst, as well the NM-type triggers. This animation makes the HK 416 animation look like stop motion, and an animation is worth 1,000,000 words.

Gunz has it right. FA guns have another pivot hole above the selector, where the FA sear pivots. The rear of the FA bolt disengages the sear, which lets the hammer go. I do not know of the triggers are interchangeable for sure, but in the animations, the SA and FA triggers look the same. Only the hammer and bolts change...

If a technical personal has the know-how, I can share it -- as it is a VERY large file and not prone for attachment. Otherwise, I can burn a CD for you, if you'd like to send me one and pay for shipping.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    If a technical personal has the know-how, I can share it -- as it is a VERY large file and not prone for attachment. Otherwise, I can burn a CD for you, if you'd like to send me one and pay for shipping.
    I'd love to see that -- what kind of file format is it in? actual size? Maybe we can find a way to get it hosted somewhere or something. Sounds like it would be very informative.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    I have an excellent FBI animation for this, which shows how the trigger engages on semi, full and burst, as well the NM-type triggers. This animation makes the HK 416 animation look like stop motion, and an animation is worth 1,000,000 words.

Gunz has it right. FA guns have another pivot hole above the selector, where the FA sear pivots. The rear of the FA bolt disengages the sear, which lets the hammer go. I do not know of the triggers are interchangeable for sure, but in the animations, the SA and FA triggers look the same. Only the hammer and bolts change...

If you know how torrents work, you could upload a torrent and allow us to DL it.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to get a burst trigger nowadays? I have searched all over but can't seem to locate one. I assume they are just as pricey as auto?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I'd love to see that -- what kind of file format is it in? actual size? Maybe we can find a way to get it hosted somewhere or something. Sounds like it would be very informative.
    It definitely is. Every trainer who has seen it wants a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk View Post
    If you know how torrents work, you could upload a torrent and allow us to DL it.

Not a clue, my friend. Not a clue.

The FBI Animation runs on Macromedia Flash Player 7.0.

In properties, it has a file extension of .exe at the end, which I believe means executable code. It was made by the FBI's National Animation and Web Development Unit, and it's way cool. I obtained it from gunsmithing school.

The only way I have ever been able to give this to other instructors is via CD or thumb drive.

I tried attaching it with the paperclip icon, but that would not work. It uploads and then fails. Attempts to email it as an attachment also produced similar results.

FWIW, it is an excellent training tool, as it gives people a visual idea of how everything works. It also has zoom and x-ray controls of the trigger group(s), bolt carrier group and gas return systems. It even flairs out the case neck during detonation when you look at the gas return system.

Well worth the price of a CD and shipping, since that's the only way I know how to get it to anybody. Sorry...

It is 2.90 MB worth of Flash Animation.
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 08-27-08 at 01:38.
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlficken View Post
    Is it possible to get a burst trigger nowadays? I have searched all over but can't seem to locate one. I assume they are just as pricey as auto?

Not a fan of burst triggers.

The ratcheting system is pretty complicated. Aside from the FA pivoting sear that is pushed forward by the FA bolt, there are TWO sears that engage the hammer group during SA, FA and burst.

The ratcheting is such, that at the beginning of the burst cycle, one cannot be sure as to exactly how many rounds will come out -- not that it matters in real life.

Burst was designed to slow some folks down, since some lack the discipline to control their FA impulses -- FWIW.
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Godfather,

You can email the .exe program to others via Yahoo. I believe that Hotmail and Gmail block .exe programs for safety reasons. When my computer got wiped a friend of mine emailed it to me and I installed it with no problems. It is a very good training tool.

It definitely is. Every trainer who has seen it wants a copy.

Not a clue, my friend. Not a clue.

The FBI Animation runs on Macromedia Flash Player 7.0.

In properties, it has a file extension of .exe at the end, which I believe means executable code. It was made by the FBI's National Animation and Web Development Unit, and it's way cool. I obtained it from gunsmithing school.

The only way I have ever been able to give this to other instructors is via CD or thumb drive.

I tried attaching it with the paperclip icon, but that would not work. It uploads and then fails. Attempts to email it as an attachment also produced similar results.

FWIW, it is an excellent training tool, as it gives people a visual idea of how everything works. It also has zoom and x-ray controls of the trigger group(s), bolt carrier group and gas return systems. It even flairs out the case neck during detonation when you look at the gas return system.

Well worth the price of a CD and shipping, since that's the only way I know how to get it to anybody. Sorry...

It is 2.90 MB worth of Flash Animation.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast