Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Supressor

Feedback Score

9mm Supressor

Wanting to add a 9mm suppressor to the line up. At the moment I'm leaning towards the AAC Ti-rant line, but curious what cans some of you are using. Also, has anyone manufactured their own and filed the Form 1? If so, where did y'all get the parts? Thanks in Advance.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If you can find a Tirant 9 they are worth thinking about. Awesome can that is super quiet and can generally be found cheap as they are no longer in production. It's a very light can and that is its weakness, the aluminum baffles can be a pain to clean because you can't throw them in a tumbler or use the dip.

Are you using it on a subgun or pistols?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'd never buy another suppressor with aluminum baffles. They're impossible clean, and I mean that in the literal sense.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'd never buy another suppressor with aluminum baffles. They're impossible clean, and I mean that in the literal sense.
    Get a soda blaster like this - http://amzn.to/1OBk2YR and its a piece of cake. Takes 5 min to clean them. Took me a little while to figure that out but once I did no more issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    If you can find a Tirant 9 they are worth thinking about. Awesome can that is super quiet and can generally be found cheap as they are no longer in production. It's a very light can and that is its weakness, the aluminum baffles can be a pain to clean because you can't throw them in a tumbler or use the dip.

Are you using it on a subgun or pistols?
    Initially I'd be using it on my pistols but eventually will be looking at subguns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

9mm Supressor

I have a SiCo Octane 9 HD and love it. Run it on my pistols, HK Clones and 9mm AR's without an issue. Sico makes mounts for almost anything to include an 18x1 direct mount for the Scorpion Evo.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 05-19-16 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I have a SiCo Octane 9 HD and love it. Run it on my pistols, HK Clones and 9mm AR's with an issue. Sico makes mounts for almost anything to include an 18x1 direct mount for the Scorpion Evo.
    Plus one for the Octane. Absolutely love mine.

Feedback Score
    Griffin Revo 9. I wanted a short can for home defense, and was steered away from the more expensive TiRantS and toward the modular Revo 9 by a rep who sold both. He said they ran 10,000rds through it on an MP5 in one day, mostly on full auto, and the TiNitride coated 17-4 stainless, tube-shielding baffles cleaned up with no loss to the coating. It's shockingly quiet in the short configuration, which is only 6" long and 9.7oz! It's perfectly comfy to shoot with subs. I just red loctited the rear cap and blue loctited the booster housing and front cap in place, and have never even tried the full length configuration because it's quiet enough short. Also, the 3-lug mount doesn't add more length than the piston assembly if you want to go 3-lug on a subgun. Silencer Shop even commented on the impressive dB rating in the 6" configuration in their video, and they hardly ever make qualitative comments in the videos. I really can't imagine a better package.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VelveteenMole View Post
    Griffin Revo 9. I wanted a short can for home defense, and was steered away from the more expensive TiRantS and toward the modular Revo 9 by a rep who sold both. He said they ran 10,000rds through it on an MP5 in one day, mostly on full auto, and the TiNitride coated 17-4 stainless, tube-shielding baffles cleaned up with no loss to the coating. It's shockingly quiet in the short configuration, which is only 6" long and 9.7oz! It's perfectly comfy to shoot with subs. I just red loctited the rear cap and blue loctited the booster housing and front cap in place, and have never even tried the full length configuration because it's quiet enough short. Also, the 3-lug mount doesn't add more length than the piston assembly if you want to go 3-lug on a subgun. Silencer Shop even commented on the impressive dB rating in the 6" configuration in their video, and they hardly ever make qualitative comments in the videos. I really can't imagine a better package.
    You can also use Griffin 3 lug adapters on the Octane as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    You can also use Griffin 3 lug adapters on the Octane as well.
    How does that work since the SiCo adapter sticks out like an inch or so? Do you just lose the blast chamber?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast