Thread: Carbine Build -Done-

Feedback Score

Carbine Build -Done-

Built this about a month ago, since these pictures were taken I have replaced the Rainier Arms Ambi upper/lower for a forged upper/lower. I found myself fumbling with the controls when switching rifles. Muscle memory is a bitch. Very happy with how this turned out and shoots.

BCM: bcg, upper receiver, kmr 13" rail, pg and hand stop, QD end plate.
    Rainer arms: 14.5 carbine barrel CHF C/L, mil spec buffer tube, H2 buffer.
    Lantac Dragon, pin/weld by ADCO
    B5 sopmod
    CMC trigger 1/3 two stage, Raptor CH
    Aimpoint T2, ADM co-wit
    VZ grips KMRs
    Surefire p2x fury with SF pressure switch
    Thorntail offset light mount
    Troy buis
    (Not pictured: Noveske lower, BCM upper now installed)

Last edited by eboggs; 05-19-16 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting your quote about ambi controls. As a lefty I teach myself to shoot/operate the std RH'd platforms and feel I'm better off on it in the long run ... but no pure 3G-type speed shooter am I ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Interesting your quote about ambi controls. As a lefty I teach myself to shoot/operate the std RH'd platforms and feel I'm better off on it in the long run ... but no pure 3G-type speed shooter am I ...
    This was my issue, while training at work with our duty rifles, I found myself reaching for controls that weren't there, from using my rifle so much. So I switched them out instead of having extra moving parts that could potentially break and cause an issue. Same with the safety. Just a standard LH side safety now too.

Feedback Score
    Gotta love the 2 stage CMC..

Just got mine installed last week and absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very nice. How do you like the dragon? What made you roll with it over an extended flash suppressor? I agree with sticking to the traditional controls.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Very nice. How do you like the dragon? What made you roll with it over an extended flash suppressor? I agree with sticking to the traditional controls.
    I had seen a lot of positive reviews on the dragon and wanted to give it a shot. In the past I've regularly used AAC's blackout 3 prong flash hiders with great success. This is my first time using a brake.

I've personally found that it -does- make a difference with the little recoil a 556 has. I always chuckle when people say a 556 doesn't have any muzzle rise because in reality, it does. I also do not find running this brake (or being around other brakes) make a 14.5-16" barrel uncomfortably loud - no more than ANY SBR out there without a can, or a larger caliber rifle.

So all in all, I really like the dragon. It does what it's supposed to and does it well.