Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here like CZ's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Anyone here like CZ's?

This is the only CZ that I own, I think it is a great pistol....Can you believe I had thought about selling it? After pulling it out of the safe, as I haven't shot it much lately, I re-realized just how nice of a pistol it is. Besides, I have done quite a bit of work on it, so theres a little bit of sentimental value to it as well. My first stippling/matting job

Last edited by eboggs; 05-19-16 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    I really like my P09, it will most likely become my EDC. I have come to view it as the embodiment of my dream pistol a poly framed Hi Power.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, I've owned several although I currently own only one. All have worked without issue and the current one has at least 20,000 rounds through it, no breakage but I did wear out a sear.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think they are a great, albeit still kind of a niche gun. I believe Mike Panone competes with a CZ. The ones I have handled seemed great. Not a ton of aftermarket support ie: holsters etc. that's likely the biggest drawback in LEO circles. As a full time trainer, I can tell you that the current crop of striker fired polymer pistols are so good, it's a tough market to break into. With blue label Glocks at $500ish, and the S&W M&P and HK VP9 not that much more. We just finished an academy with 54 recruits. In all, over the course of 80 hours of training, the individual will fire somewhere around 1000-1100 rounds of pistol ammo. It's not unusual to not see a malfunction during the entire training cycle. The modern pistols are just that good. Not saying the CZ isn't, it's just that no one is looking to change.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mike pannone seems to be a big proponent. He's been shooting a 07 for a while now and has rave reviews, a lot of guys go right ahead and drop in the cajun gun works parts etc...the aftermarket support is starting to increase but it's nowhere near glock yet......YET
    Several Lines
    of text to fill
    the need for
    self-validation

Feedback Score
    I like the 75 bd.

If it was in SS I might have bought one.

Not only can you get an all metal gun, you can get an all steel gun.

I like it, but which mags work in which gun and the last thing I need is a new holster, mags, etc platform to outfit.

It is bad enough having Berettas with different slides and generations lights.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I think they are a great, albeit still kind of a niche gun. I believe Mike Panone competes with a CZ. The ones I have handled seemed great. Not a ton of aftermarket support ie: holsters etc. that's likely the biggest drawback in LEO circles. As a full time trainer, I can tell you that the current crop of striker fired polymer pistols are so good, it's a tough market to break into. With blue label Glocks at $500ish, and the S&W M&P and HK VP9 not that much more. We just finished an academy with 54 recruits. In all, over the course of 80 hours of training, the individual will fire somewhere around 1000-1100 rounds of pistol ammo. It's not unusual to not see a malfunction during the entire training cycle. The modern pistols are just that good. Not saying the CZ isn't, it's just that no one is looking to change.
    I agree with you, We carry Glock 21's (wish he were issued 17's...but thats a whole 'other topic) and it is simple and reliable. Great for those who aren't gun savvy.

This is just a range toy of mine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CZ is top quality but their normal trigger on the old 75 line left them behind. It was shootable, but not great. Great accuracy and reliability. The new Omega line provides a better trigger OTB, and the ability to switch from DA/SA to safety and back. This should make the P01 and decocker versions more attractive. If they do the Omega treatment to the PCR, it would make an excellent carry pistol. P07/09 line is already making headway.
    Last edited by m4brian; 05-21-16 at 07:02.

Feedback Score
    I gave up my HK pistols (except the P7) and went all CZ type . Best decision I've made. Stock trigger on my SP01 is far better than the one found on the P30 and USP Compact I had. Currently have the SP01, Sphinx and waiting on a Scorpion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I love my CZ P07. I've handled the PCR and the P01 (metal frame/decocker) and they feel really good, I want one really bad.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast