Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here like CZ's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    I think they are a great, albeit still kind of a niche gun. I believe Mike Panone competes with a CZ. The ones I have handled seemed great. Not a ton of aftermarket support ie: holsters etc. that's likely the biggest drawback in LEO circles. As a full time trainer, I can tell you that the current crop of striker fired polymer pistols are so good, it's a tough market to break into. With blue label Glocks at $500ish, and the S&W M&P and HK VP9 not that much more. We just finished an academy with 54 recruits. In all, over the course of 80 hours of training, the individual will fire somewhere around 1000-1100 rounds of pistol ammo. It's not unusual to not see a malfunction during the entire training cycle. The modern pistols are just that good. Not saying the CZ isn't, it's just that no one is looking to change.
    I agree with you, We carry Glock 21's (wish he were issued 17's...but thats a whole 'other topic) and it is simple and reliable. Great for those who aren't gun savvy.

This is just a range toy of mine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    wow, you did a great job getting rid of the waffle iron grip. Did you do all that with a file?

I dig the CZ's and will probably get a Shadow 2 if they ever make it onto our shores.
    Dremel to get rid of the raised checkering and to smooth the profile, then a Hammer and half round bastard file.....alot of whacks, and a lot of praying that I wouldn't F something up along the way. Im really pleased with how it turned out. Much better in the hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eboggs View Post
    Dremel to get rid of the raised checkering and to smooth the profile, then a Hammer and half round bastard file.....alot of whacks, and a lot of praying that I wouldn't F something up along the way. Im really pleased with how it turned out. Much better in the hands.
    That came out great. I might give that a try on something.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Maybe it is just me but it seems in the past year or so CZs are talked about a lot more across the 'Net.

Makes me want to try one.

Not buy one, but try one.

I'm a SIG guy when it comes to handguns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Anyone here like CZ's?

I have some and I love them. Great history behind the pistol and their rifles are nice too. Scorpion, SP01, and a TacSport... I have some more on the list but the TacSport is my best shooter.

Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 05-21-16 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    They're okay... I guess.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I never found a CZ with a stock trigger I liked, so I bit the bullet and had an SP01 Tactical re-worked by Cajun Gun Works.

I like it. I like it a *lot*.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    I never found a CZ with a stock trigger I liked, so I bit the bullet and had an SP01 Tactical re-worked by Cajun Gun Works.

I like it. I like it a *lot*.

I thought shooting a plain jane SP01 was cheating. A CGW model almost shoots bullseyes by itself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDKJudoka View Post
    They're okay... I guess.
    I've really really been looking at a Sphinx.

Feedback Score
    I like the metal frame CZs' the best. The grip allows me to close my hand more like a fist giving me a stronger grip on the pistol I don't get with other pistols. I can see why Col. Cooper liked them.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast