Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Shield Coming in 45 ACP!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    Really like those grips, lot of negitivity here I think this is going to put a hurt on the xds.id bet the street price around 375-399

What's that baby shield underneath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do really like the grips as well, I think that is a positive step on the Shield. I just don't really care for small single stack 45's personally. With the G36 being the exception because I felt it handles the 45 better than the XDS. It will sell though, especially if it's in the Shield 9/40 price range.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    Really like those grips, lot of negitivity here I think this is going to put a hurt on the xds.id bet the street price around 375-399

What's that baby shield underneath?

Negativity? I wouldn't say that. We don't have to buy or like everything, we're not gun writers that must say something nice so we can keep a free sample. As for going against the XD, I would prefer the M&P any day.

I do shoot my Shield 9, a lot, taken two classes with it while others in the class choose to shoot full size service handguns. Small guns take a lot of dedication and practice to shoot well, and a tiny .45 is a whole lot harder to manage than a 9.

The Shield below is just a regular 9/40 size or maybe optical illusion due to the distance and angle.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I was really hoping to see the 2nd gen M&P they're building for the Army contract with the GD barrels. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    In a picture by Rob Garrett, the gun doesn't appear to be as small as I thought. Dimensionally it's 0.35" longer than the 9, 0.28" taller than the 9.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I won't be buying one. Recoil of a light, tiny .45acp is not pleasant. I'll stick with my 9mm Shield.
    The 45 I shot was a little smaller, but I'd never own anything even close to that small in 45.

I think I have a pretty good grip, 40fs barely moves, and that thing was all over the place. I'll stick to 9 for the small guns.

That said, I wish the texture was on my guns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife loaded 124gr NATO into her shield and noticed it was different from 115gr right away. I can't imagine a shield in 40 or 45 being very shootable.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I won't be buying one. Recoil of a light, tiny .45acp is not pleasant. I'll stick with my 9mm Shield.
    I'm in full agreement on that assessment and fail to see what the benefit would be to that gun,
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    My wife loaded 124gr NATO into her shield and noticed it was different from 115gr right away. I can't imagine a shield in 40 or 45 being very shootable.
    I had one in 40 and it was tolerable, but felt much better going to a Glock 27 in terms of shoot ability (and I'm not saying the 27 is great).

Feedback Score
    I have both 9 and 40 shield. I carry the 40 every day. I'm a small guy and the recoil is not that bad. I thought it would be worse. I haven't gotten into the 45 realm yet but if I do it will probably be a kimber ultra carry 1911 instead of a shield.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphasig View Post
    I have both 9 and 40 shield. I carry the 40 every day. I'm a small guy and the recoil is not that bad. I thought it would be worse. I haven't gotten into the 45 realm yet but if I do it will probably be a kimber ultra carry 1911 instead of a shield.

Have you measured split times/accuracy between the two? I'm curious as I've never shot a 40 subcompact, just 9 and 45.

I ask because "not bad" can be subjective.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-20-16 at 22:23.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast