55. You may not vote on this poll
  • PPS M2 with night sights and holster

17 30.91%
  • G43

37 67.27%
  • Ruger LC9s - you are going to have to convince me of their QC

1 1.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G43 or PPS M2?? Needing Quick Advice.

Feedback Score
    I have a Glock43 That I bought in July so it was one of the earlier ones and may not reflect changes made.

The trigger was extremely stiff and I couldn't shoot it well. I would shoot my Glock19, Glock 42 or my Dad's PPS better by a factor of 4.

I started dry firing exclusively with the 43 in January after I decided to make it my summer carry. Once I learned the quirks of the gun my groups now match or exceed those of my glock 19.

Setup:
    Glock 42
    10-8 Fiber optic with .156 rear
    Streamlight TLR6
    Talon Grips (start coming loose after being against my body when carrying but still stay on and add a decent amount of traction) They have survived a class and shooting after carrying the gun all day multiple times.
    Ghost Edge Connector (I can't decide if I like it or not)

I like the Glock 43 but it is a harder gun to shoot because it's so small. The PPS (assuming the M2 as well) shoots like a full size gun. The Glock 43 has a lot of advantages but you need to shoot and dry fire with it a lot vs other a larger gun like the PPS.

Feedback Score
    I am happy with my Glock 43. I haven't really noticed a difference in the trigger. It is stuffer, but you really do not notice it.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have never shot a G43 but I have handled one and was not impressed with the trigger. I do own a PPS M1 that I have no intention of ever giving up.
    Last edited by cdmiller; 05-27-16 at 20:00.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PPS is shield size, no Bueno for pocket carry, G43 is the biggest gun you'd want to carry in your pocket and you will need good size pockets.

Feedback Score
    BOTH!

Can't believe how bad you guys slacked on that one.

FWIW my 43 has been dead nuts reliable for over 3500 rounds. I do find the PPS M2 interesting though.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    How big are your hands?

If you have XL / XXL hands the G43 will likely be a bit to small to shoot and manipulate effectively and I would definitely go PPS.

I have XXL hands and bought a G43 because my agency recently approved them in addition to J frames. The G43 functions fine but is simply too small for my hands.

Feedback Score
    Of the reasons posted here for choosing the G43 over the PPS M2 , the only one that is valid is the magazine availability at this time. Since the M2 is pretty new that availability will improve going forward.

If you are lucky enough to shoot either gun enough to need new parts they will be available for both models. If a person is worried about having spare parts during the Zombie Apocalypse then they should be considering something other than these two single stack 9s.

Like most Walther handguns, the PPS M2 has a very good trigger and ergonomics. It will be my next single stack 9mm handgun. That said, I own two Glock 43s and like them a lot. But, for the price you quote I would buy the M2 with night sights and holster at this time. Better value and Glock sights suck, in my opinion, and I always replace them on my Glocks, regardless of the model of Glock. The newest Glock 43 triggers have improved over the original version so you could save up a bit and pick up one of the newer improved-trigger G43s down the road.

For what it's worth.

Either way you'll get a very good handgun.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So it's been a little over a week...what did you decide OP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12