Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Groomsmen Gifts - Knives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cwfunrider View Post
    I received a Benchmade Griptilian as a groomsmen gift years ago. The groom had our initials engraved in the blade. I do not carry it any more since it has dulled and has some decent knicks from hard use. But it is still a treasured piece.
    Send it into Benchmade, their LifeSharp service will fix it up for the cost of shipping.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Send it into Benchmade, their LifeSharp service will fix it up for the cost of shipping.
    I know. I am reluctant because if we're lost in transit, it would be gone forever.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses guys. You've definitely given me a lot to look into before buying.

JackFan, where have you found the Kershaw Blurs for $70? I looked on Blade HQ and Kershaw's websites and they were a bit more if I read correctly. Same for the Manix 2, they also seemed to be a bit more. But like both from what I've seen.

Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    I received a Benchmade Griptilian as a groomsmen gift years ago. The groom had our initials engraved in the blade. I do not carry it any more since it has dulled and has some decent knicks from hard use. But it is still a treasured piece.

Ship it to me, for $20 I will make it sharper than factory and place a mirror polish on the edge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guys. You've definitely given me a lot to look into before buying.

JackFan, where have you found the Kershaw Blurs for $70? I looked on Blade HQ and Kershaw's websites and they were a bit more if I read correctly. Same for the Manix 2, they also seemed to be a bit more. But like both from what I've seen.

Thanks guys!
    Found the s30v for $75 on Keyshaw guy

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/...1670s30v-blem/

Found the manix 2 for about $73

Spyderco Manix2 Translucent Blue FRCP PlainEdge Knife https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051HLOV6..._8OCqxbAA9X756

Feedback Score

Groomsmen Gifts - Knives

Here's the s30v blur for $70

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS16...uminum-handles

I actually love my blur, it really has a good in the hand feel. The manix 2 is like my zt0566, it just feels like a tank- really good for hard use, but as I wear a suit 5 days a week it isn't on my edc rotation (cept on weekends when in jeans).
    Last edited by JackFanToM; 05-22-16 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I did Kershaw Leek. I did black for the groomsmen, silver for the best man, and a composite blade for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I also received a Griptilian as a groomsman a few years ago and I know others (from different weddings) that also were gifted them. Seems like one of the more common 'pocketknife' presents, and infinitely more useful than a flask or something from Things Remembered.

I don't carry mine anymore, mostly because I now carry a much nicer knife. But, that Griptilian did ride in my pocket for over a year.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Whatever knife you go with, this is (supposed to be) a once in a lifetime event. Spring for some engraving on each one so it is a personal gift.

Congrats to you. I wish you both a lifetime of love and support.
    This.

I am getting married in September. I purchased Benchmade 707 from knifeworks.com. They do free engraving. I had all the blades engraved with initials of each groomsmen and the wedding date. If I had it to do over I would have gone just with their initials. I am also getting custom scales made in germany for them to give them that custom touch. Every ones budget is different so I understand this is getting way past your budget.

knifeworks does have mini griptilians for 89$ with free engraving http://www.knifeworks.com/benchmadem...x#.V0hpbEs1bwI

Congrats on your wedding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12