Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade for duty... where to start

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Fixed blade for duty... where to start

So I'm looking to carry a fixed blade on duty, instead of my current folder in my back pocket.
    The two most important considerations for me are:

-Utility use, including cutting seatbelts without injuring the driver.
    -Use as a last ditch self defense weapon, without being accessible to bad guys.

Since my backup gun is left hand accessible, I'd like the knife to be right hand accessible.
    Thoughts? Ideas? Methods of carry?
    Any guidance would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by masakari; 05-22-16 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure what exactly you are looking for, but how about a Spartan Enyo?

https://spartanbladesusa.com/enyo-in...eck-knife-edc/

Feedback Score
    +1 for the Spartan Blades Enyo. I gifted one to a 15-year active duty SEAL and he was super impressed with it, especially how it feels in the hand. He immediately ordered one for a fellow colleague.

Also, I had a great experience with the folks at Spartan Blades. They were able to custom-engrave a blade and get it out within the weekend. And if you're LEO/Mil, they offer a discount, just email them first!
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Spyderco makes a really nice full serrated sheep's foot model. I think it's the enuff. They also make a ton of smaller fixed blades geared towards law enforcement and ems

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I've EDC'd this for a couple of years now.

The factory sheath absolutely sucks ass, but I generally don't like anything with friction-only retention.

KA-BAR TDI Knife

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I've EDC'd this for a couple of years now.

The factory sheath absolutely sucks ass, but I generally don't like anything with friction-only retention.

KA-BAR TDI Knife
    Thanks, I looked at that and decided to get one similar... I bought the Ka-Bar TDI Hell-Fire knife. That should work for me, and the locking sheath is a huge plus.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that.

That locking sheath may have sold me on the hellfire for my next knife. I love this mini TDI, but I'd love it more with a better sheath.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Thanks, I looked at that and decided to get one similar... I bought the Ka-Bar TDI Hell-Fire knife. That should work for me, and the locking sheath is a huge plus.

Feedback Score
    I stopped using a Ka-bar TDI the day a bad guy I was talking to saw it behind my mag pouch and said "is that the cool Ka-Bar? Dude, nice."

Been away from LE for almost a year now but when I left I had a Cold Steel Push Dagger as my "oh sh!t" blade that hid better on my inner belt behind my mags, Benchmade Griptilian in my pocket and a Benchmade 7 Hook for seatbelt, cord and fabric cutting.

If you are cool with another folder, the Benchmade Triage is pretty nice.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Benchmade Nimravus.

Bought mine two years ago. Cleaned one elk and a deer with it. Full out butchered the elk with it.
    I keep it on the kitchen counter as my go-to knife for slicing summer sausage, cheese and opening packages.
    It is fairly light, but substantial enough to serve as a combat knife, and just feels great in your hands.
    Really like the sheath too. Mine is coyote brown.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I am a huge advocate of the Strider DB or DB-L for fixed blade duty use. These are extremely well made knives that are very versatile and strong and have a tremendous amount of utility. The original designer is a member of this forum and its uses/function are well documented. I run a custom one-off of the DB on my first line that Duane Dwyer made for me well over a decade ago when Strider shared a shop with SOE in Oceanside.
    Last edited by drtywk; 06-23-16 at 12:07.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast