Thread: Best online trust to use, or NFA lawyer in WA state

Feedback Score

Best online trust to use, or NFA lawyer in WA state

Hey guys, I'm looking to get into the NFA game now that we can manufacture SBR's starting early June in Washington state. I have considered using NW gun law group but I've heard the bronze trust doesn't allow for trustees and it's overpriced for what it is. Do any of you have recommendations? I'd like to start with an SBR and hopefully suppressor before 41P goes into effect. I want to make sure to do this the right way the first time.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    While I really wanted a local lawyer to do my trust, I couldn't find one that I could get any good feedback on. I had a buddy that went through Silencer Shop and had positive things to say about them. I went that route and have 2 pending and a few more on back order.

Feedback Score
    I was in the same boat.. spent hours and hours researching the crap out of this, spent more hours then I should have researching this..

Basically it comes down to this:

IF all you want is NFA items, then any of the online trusts will work just fine..

top 3 choices:

1. Guntrustguru.com - $129, most expensive but they SOLD me off the strength of the website, it answered questions for me that I hadn't even known to ask... It even had a "side" site dedicate to my state, just like it does for WA, so I went with them
    2. 199trust - $80, just as good as #1 above only reason I chose #1 over #2 is again the wealth of info on the site and the fact that it catered a "side" site specific to my state, its up to you to decide if thats worth an extra $50..
    3. Silenceshop - $99, good enough to get you the NFA items such as a suppressor or SBR, but will it hold up in court when it comes to passing on your NFA items to your benificiaries? No idea, only an attorney licensed to practice in your state can answer that..

now on to local lawyers..

In my case and almost everyone else.. they will charge 2 to 3 times what the online guys charge.. I was quoted a min of $400 and up to $800 by 3 different local attorneys who "specialize" in gun trusts for my state.. Would that get me anything beyond a face to face with them that the online guys can't do.. all depends on the attorney and your local state, but most likely it will not.

Don't believe me, find one local attorney, call them up and ask them what they charge for a GUN TRUST and what that $$ amount will get you...

best of luck..

Like I said, don't overthink it if all you want to do is to get NFA items before 41F kicks in this July, just go with one of the online guys. For me, I went with GuntrustGuru, again because of the wealth of info on the webpage itself and not to mention I had my trust within minutes of completing the paperwork and the wizard that walks you thru the whole process.

Pro tip: go to https://www.guntrustguru.com/washington and go thru the set up my trust option and you will see for yourself what i mean and can actually go thru a partial part of the process of the setup...

BEST OF LUCK!

oNe