Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does everyone EDC their lights?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

How does everyone EDC their lights?

So I'm trying to figure out where I can EDC a flashlight fairly comfortably and with out it printing/being overly visible. I generally have my Glock 26/19 and a spare mag AIWB centerline upfront, In my front right front pocket I have my knife, (Large Sabenza, ZT0350, or Benchmade AFO II) front left pocket I have my keys, chap stick, change and anything else I my pick up along the way. In my back left pocket I have my iPhone 6S Plus (I take it out when sitting down/driving) and in my back right pocket I have my wallet. so trying to figure out where the best place to put a E2D/E1D LED Defender would be. Thoughts? How does everyone else EDC their lights?
    Last edited by Rohardi; 05-22-16 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    I EDC a Pelican 1910B after reading this review from MSW. Perfect for my needs and it's extremely low-profile enough without being obtrusive or noticeable much when clipped to a pocket.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=15363
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I am typically either wearing jeans or khaki shorts, and I tend to wear slimmer fit jeans.

For me, the most comfortable place is the front side of a front pocket. You know how most people carry their knives clipped to the rear of the pocket? I keep the light clipped to the front side, closer towards my.... you get it.

It's less obvious, it's less in my way (that's where I keep my iPhone 6s), and it's available to my support hand, which is important to me as I carry it primarily as a supplement to the handgun.

And FWIW, I carry a Surefire Sidekick in the front right along with my keys and a Fisher pen, and my wallet in the back right, with a knife clipped to the outer edge of the pocket (this has really reduced the number of knives I've had fall out of the pocket).

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My setup is pretty much identical to yours--P2000 AIWB around 1:00, and if I'm carrying a spare mag, that is at 11:00. Front right pocket is my phone, and a pen and/or knife if I am carrying either, right rear pocket empty, wallet in my left rear pocket with a Surefire G2 carried vertically (bezel up) to the left of the wallet. The wallet holds it in place well, and while it's not completely hidden, it's fairly discreet. My front left pocket is keys, chapstick, and change.

The light is far enough to the side that I don't sit on it, and it's no different than just carrying the wallet. The only advice I'd give is to utilize the lockout tailcap to make sure the light doesn't run down in your pocket.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i carried a single cell light on my keys for years. it was clunky. i now carry button up in a front pocket. i've accidentally turned on the light on about 4 times in the last year. it gets hot enough for your to noticea nd turn it off, and wastes battery. it's such a better way to carry that despite the accidents, i continue.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I EDC my light clipped inside my front left pocket. Like trinydex, it also gets turned on accidentally sometimes, but it's so convenient and easy to get to.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Clipped to the edge of support-side pocket, bezel up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Single cell Clipped on belt, support hand side.ETA:Bezel down
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Rear of front left pocket (support side), bezel down. I also carry my cell phone in the same pocket.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I have a custom holster from Liion Defense that carries my E1D bezel down with an extra mag, or I just clip it in my support side pocket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast