• Accupower

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Bag Rifle Optic

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    None of those.
    Variable 2.5x10 (e.g. NF NXS compact 18 oz. 9.9" form factor) or Vortex Razor ll HD

Purpose beyond reason.
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 05-25-16 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    I like NF glass but that scope is more for a SPR/DMR not so much a close to mid range rifle. Vortex Razor's I don't like the weight before I even add a mount and I don't dig the super thin reticle. the Vortex glass is super clear but I just don't dig the optic like everyone else does. I know somebody will say get this or that but I've narrowed it down to those 3 I prefer trijicon stuff and price isn't as big of a deal.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I like NF glass but that scope is more for a SPR/DMR not so much a close to mid range rifle. Vortex Razor's I don't like the weight before I even add a mount and I don't dig the super thin reticle. the Vortex glass is super clear but I just don't dig the optic like everyone else does. I know somebody will say get this or that but I've narrowed it down to those 3 I prefer trijicon stuff and price isn't as big of a deal.
    I hear ya.
    Not sure why 2.5x is not considered "mid range" stuff but heh it's a free country people can think what you want to.
    I have had ACOG's for deployment & professionally used OCONUS. The weight per form factor & ONLY one focal power ability limitation of ACOG were a no brainer for me to use a compact variable. Comparing the weight of an ACOG & even adding a MRDS to both the ACOG or NF 2.5x10 variable made any of my ACOG's an easy choice to parse.
    Good luck o your quest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would have said NF as well, but i would say the 1-4x24 with the FC-3G reticle. That's been on my BCM 16" RECCE in a Larue mount for a couple years now and I have had zero issues with it. Goes pig hunting regularly and durable as hell. However, if i had to go with an ACOG it would be the TA11 series rather than the TA31 for the longer eye relief and added field of view.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    FWIW, a friend of mine ran a 4x acog for a long time and now runs an nf 2.5-10x24. This is for his 3gun rifle and he's not had any problems with the close in stuff. Granted he also runs offset irons for the real close stuff or fast transitions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Neither are on your list, but I'd go for a NF 2.5-10 variant or a Leupold CQBSS 1-8. Ran an ACOG for awhile and hated it, and the VCOG and Accupower reticles are jack-of-all-trades, master of none options.

You'd be much better served with a variable power illuminated precision-oriented scope and running offset irons or an RDS.

Feedback Score
    This rifle is a jack of all trades master of none. Barrel will be Noveske CHF Gov profile 16 inch and trigger will be a ACT by ALG. It's going to be accurate but not as accuate as say a stainless 18 in with a SSA-E trigger and it won't be as handy as a BCM RECCE. The TA11 has better eye relief but the reticle is smaller on that model compared to the TA31. I just shot a base wide competition with an ACOG and I had one of the fastest times in the multigun shooting close with it and it's not bad but I feel like the accupower and VCOG have the CQB advantage. The NF is a tempting choice though. Right now I can get the Triji's on a good deal the NF's I don't have a line for.

Feedback Score
    So I searched gunbroker and found a tremendous deal on a VCOG green segmented circle 223 55 gr. It's awesome to look through and I'm fairly excited. Since I'm finishing the rifle at Christmas I'll be putting the VCOG on my 14.5 from time to time and I'll also put it on my Colt 901 that's coming in this week just to see how I would like one on a 308 (I know the BDC won't be the same but just to see how it handles and what not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    poll fail:

no aimpoint

yes, I read that OP doesn't like aimpoints.

Feedback Score
    I've used aimpoints and I just don't like a red dot unless I'm only doing CQB, and if that's the case I'm going eotech. I'm happy with the VCOG, it came in last night and can't wait to try it out on my 14.5 and my 901

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast