Thread: EAA/Tanfoglio Stock 2 (or similar) for classes/general purpose gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

EAA/Tanfoglio Stock 2 (or similar) for classes/general purpose gun?

I switched out of 1911 to Glocks after going thru a few gun classes (tigerswan, etc) years ago.....

Now I want a metal frame gun to compete with in gun games (production, IDPA, 3 gun)

Looking between the new CZ shadow 2 that will be out next year, but was thinking of getting a EAA Stock 2 (or maybe Limited Pro as it is IDPA barely legal)
    My question:
    If I had one gone thru by one of the EAA experts; (trigger etc) would it be practical to shoot defensive classes with the EAA?

My thoughts are, I want to get one platform and try to stick with it as possible and not shoot Glock for certain things; and then Tanfoglio or CZ for 2-3 other things....

I just don't see much about them over here....the do contract work for Jericho etc, that are used by military's abroad, but not sure if anyone actually fields a tanfoglio

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've gone from Glock to CZ to Tanfo Stock2 for USPSA Production Division.

I like the Stock2 for the frame/grip size over the CZ SP01 Shadow. Both the CZ and Tanfo have performed great in practice and matches. I don't see why it wouldn't work for training classes.

I have found the steel DA/SA guns to much more forgiving due to the single action trigger. It doesn't make up for poor fundamentals. It really shows up at 20+ yards.

I still shoot my glock for 3gun and keep a G17, G19 , and G43 for carry/home defense.

Here's my Stock 2 with my 3gun G34's

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    I've gone from Glock to CZ to Tanfo Stock2 for USPSA Production Division.

I like the Stock2 for the frame/grip size over the CZ SP01 Shadow. Both the CZ and Tanfo have performed great in practice and matches. I don't see why it wouldn't work for training classes.

I have found the steel DA/SA guns to much more forgiving due to the single action trigger. It doesn't make up for poor fundamentals. It really shows up at 20+ yards.

I still shoot my glock for 3gun and keep a G17, G19 , and G43 for carry/home defense.

Here's my Stock 2 with my 3gun G34's

Thanks
    I briefly had a stock 3 10mm but wanted it in 9mm, so I sold it.
    I can't decide between Stock 2 and Limited Pro (pro being lighter and longer sight radius) I hear the Limtied Pro isn't as well balanced

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The Lim Pro is really nice too. I shot both and couldn't tell much difference. Some prefer the Stock2 others like the Lim Pro.

I chose the Stock 2 because I thought the bull barrel was cool. I may end up with a Lim Pro for a backup (and because these guns are fun to work on and tune)

Feedback Score
    If you shoot more IDPA than USPSA then get the Lim Pro. I have a Stock 2 and a friend slicked it up for me. It shoots very well and I wish it was IDPA legal after we had a charity match with IDPA scoring.