Thread: SBR engraving SCAR 17

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

SBR engraving SCAR 17

My brother, who is on my trust, wants to SBR his scar 17. I know the upper is the serialized part and considered the firearm. Does anyone have an idea where is the best place on the upper to engrave it? Or does it really matter? Maybe the blank area behind the ejection port.

thanks
    scott

Feedback Score
    Doesn't matter which part is considered the firearm.

The regulation says frame, receiver, barrel or pistol slide (if applicable). Barrel definitely isn't the firearm, and it's a perfectly acceptable location to engrave a firearm...not saying it's useful for the SCAR, just pointing out the wording of the requirement.

Feedback Score
    I engraved the barrel since I have two barrels for my SCAR 16. If I ever decide to sell it, I just have to replace the factory barrel . Of course , I also have to take it off roster , but it will be much easier to sell without it being engraved without my information on the upper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes I know they lose value if I try to sell an firearm with my trust engraved on it. Probably never sell it. He has an aluminum lower for it, as well as the polymer factory lower. Maybe the aluminum lower is a good spot. I'd rather wait to buy the 13" barrel assembly to free up money now for other items.

thanks for responding
    scott

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcal94 View Post
    Of course , I also have to take it off roster , but it will be much easier to sell without it being engraved without my information on the upper.
    No, you don't. As long as it's not configured as an NFA firearm at the time of sale, it's not an NFA firearm. You simply sell it as you would any other long gun.

They don't actually remove them from the registry, even if you notify them it's no longer an SBR.