Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainier or adco pin and weld?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Just curious if you contacted Rainier and asked them why they sent back your brand new charging handle with cosmetic damage?

That kind of crap pisses me off. I had an expensive watch serviced and received it back with gouges on the caseback where the clumsy watchmaker's tool slipped. After my complaint they replaced my caseback. Rainier should've done the same if they messed up your charging handle. Probably too late to file a claim now though.....
    If it was a fine watch or something of value (in the sense that cosmetic blemish affects worth) then I certainly would complain. But this was purely cosmetic and has little to no effect on the rifles value. Being honest, it wasn't that big of a deal to me...but since I was being 100% honest in my review, I thought it worth mentioning.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I've used ADCO numerous times. My experiences have all been great.

The last time I used Rainier for gunsmith services it was for a 14.5" DD barrel, barrel nut, gas block, tube and a ACC Brakeout muzzle device that I needed pinned / welded.
    They did a great job on everything but, the barrel nut, which was trapped by the pinned MD, was used and a few of the ears were rounded off.
    I was pissed. They sent me a hat and a shirt for my trouble.

I've purchased from them since, great shop, but only items that didn't require gunsmith services.

ADCO all the way if you need services.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12