Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder holster under a button down shirt

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Shoulder holster under a button down shirt

I'm looking at solutions for professional work carry.

I have to wear a button down shirt and slacks. I wear boots on a day to day basis so an ankle holster would be a pain and extremely slow to get to.

I've been toying with the idea of going to a good shoulder holster with a Glock 26 across from a spare mag and just wearing it between my undershirt and dress shirt. Anyone done this and can comment on the feasibility and concealment of it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Have you looked into tuckable holsters? I've heard good things about them and it would be easier to access in the event it was needed.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Have you looked into tuckable holsters? I've heard good things about them and it would be easier to access in the event it was needed.
    Thanks - I've got a few, including my normal EDC holster. But I can't find one that is completely invisible which is an absolute requirement at work. Even the smallest of clips that wrap under the belt are still pretty obvious in the grand scheme of things (light colored shirt and pants).

FWIW, right now I just toss on a Safariland GLS headed to work, lock it up while I'm working, and repeat the process while I'm headed home. But I'd prefer something more discrete.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Might try a sticky holster. No clips and I've had good luck tucking with mine and a p320c. they're inexpensive too so you can try one without breaking the bank

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I doubt that would conceal well.

They do however make stretchy undershirts with a spot for the firearm. IE, undershirt and holster all in one.

The problem is finding a good one and getting the right size. It needs to be sturdy and a bit snug.

I got some decent ones but I can't find the company any longer.

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    You could also look into a belly band. That's what I use when wearing a dress shirt tucked in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    You could also look into a belly band. That's what I use when wearing a dress shirt tucked in.
    That's a good suggestion, which would meet the belt clip requirement of leaving absolutely no inference of a holster. I almost bought the "3 Speed" holster. It's basically a facsimile of the belly band, and seemed pretty versatile. Might be worth looking into for the OP.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Just get an IWB with tuck able clip.

Untuck and draw.

Ripping your shirt open to draw would be cooler I admit,
    But for speed and conceal ability ...

Feedback Score
    http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=21

This works pretty well for me at times.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    One thing maybe lost in this, and possibly off-topic slightly, would be pocket carry. You can get a LCS for $199 these days. Not sure how viable this would be for your particular situation.

-Army Chief

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast