Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embarassing Glock Mag Failure Today.

Feedback Score
    I've loaded and shot a hell-uva-lotta Glock mags, but this is a new one for me. That is a malfunction drill that I have not practiced for…
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man, I'm glad I've never spent money on one of them toy Glocks if the mags only last 10 years...

Relax, I'm KIDDING!
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen this happen before. usually with guys running extended base plates, the reason i dont run said plates for serious use guns. I have even seen it happen to a guy at a shoot with two mags back to back. shoot. mag dumps guts. reload and next mag dumps guts. made for some chuckles and really nice reaction to the malf/issue to get the gun back up and complete the stage. the gun and mags both had been run hard as well.. i chalk it up to everything can wear and break and move on.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I saw that happen to a Glock 21SF at a qualification I was RO'ing at back in 2007 or 8. Mag was fairly new, just decided to puke it's guts up that day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I saw that happen to a Glock 21SF at a qualification I was RO'ing at back in 2007 or 8. Mag was fairly new, just decided to puke it's guts up that day.
    Happened to a buddy of mine. He used to CCW a double stack 1911, some freak thing happened when he was standing up or sitting down (can't remember) and 14 rounds of .45 proceeded to spill and scatter all over the floor at McDonalds.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    That sucks. But goes to show you all magazines are disposable items
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I have seen this happen before. usually with guys running extended base plates,
    This happened to a friend of mine. He placed an order with CDNN for something else and received a couple of +2 floor plate extensions for free. He installed one on his carry gun. It was on there for a while until one day he was driving down the road and the magazine unloaded itself inside his glove box. Needless to say, he doesn't use the extensions now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12