Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rifle Has Arrived: Beanland 6.5 Creedmoor

Feedback Score
    I shot a High Power 3x600 today and had a great time! Right out of the gate I put 8 shots in a row in the three-inch X-Ring @ 600 yards. I don't think I'll be able to ever repeat that. But wow... I'm happy. And that's with factory ammo. Shot a 563-13X overall. No complaints with this rifle. I wanted something accurate with factory ammo and I got it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Jon builds a fantastic rifle. Also if you sign up for a match and he's shooting in it, probably the best you'll place is 2nd.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
    This is my first bolt-action rifle and it's been about 12-15 months in the making.

I ordered all the parts last spring. The action took about 5 months, barrel was in stock at BugHoles, the stock took about 4 months (the first time), but arrived with the wrong color. So that took another 3.5 months to get a new one. Sent it all off to Jon Beanland and he did his thing.

It arrived today. I've been running the bolt and dry firing and whatnot and everything seems great. I have a bunch of dummy rounds and it feeds smoothly.

I don't have a cleaning rod quite long enough yet, so I can't get to the range to break it in until I get a longer one and clean this thing.

But I'm psyched! I'll be up at Sac Valley on the 1,000-yard range in June to put this thing to the test during a long-range competition clinic

Specs:

• Defiance Deviant Tactical, 20 MOA rail, blind bolt release, longer side port
    • Bartlein M24/M40, 26", 4-groove, 1:8 twist
    • Kampfeld Customs brake
    • Surgeon DBM
    • McMillan A5-Adjustable in 50% black, 25% medium grey, 25% light grey
    • KMW Loggerhead cheekpiece hardware
    • Jewell trigger @ 1.5lbs (I also have a Timney Calvin Elite)
    • Seekins rings
    • Tangent Theta 5-25 scope

I'll post an update once I get some rounds down range! Hopefully this weekend.

Ooohhh! I've wanted a Beanland since I first heard of him. This is more fuel for the fire.

Congrats on the rifle - it's definitely a shooter!

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123