Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle Has Arrived: Beanland 6.5 Creedmoor

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Awesome Rig. Love that TT optic. Let us know how it shoots.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Here's another photo just because:

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Got out to the range today. Brought two factory loads with me: 140 A-MAX and 140 ELD-M. Seems like the rifle hates A-MAX. Either that or it just took a while to "break in" or something. I started off with A-MAX and was pretty disappointed. Shot 60 rounds of that, then switched to ELD-M and shot 48 rounds. I'm pretty happy with the ELD-M. But it was seriously windy. The target was actually bouncing around in the wind and I had to time my shots appropriately.

I only had time to chrono the ELD-M

Wind: Gusts up to 14 MPH
    Altitude: 184 ft.
    Density Alt: 2450
    Temp: 88.4 F
    Humidity: 20.8%
    Baro: 29.6
    Station Pr.: 29.61

Average Velocity: 2834 fps
    SD: 14.4
    ES: 57

The SD and ES are pretty big. And the average velocity seems a bit low for a 26" barrel. But maybe someone can chime in. Seems like the ammo is just really inconsistent.

I also couldn't get a perfect zero. Sometimes the shots would land dead center. But most of the time the groups were all over the place. They were grouping, but the groups were not consistently placed. I think the wind had something to do with it.

The very first five rounds:

Other best groups with AMAX:

Groups with ELD-M (much better):

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
    My goal with this rifle was to be able to use factory-loaded ammo, because I don't hand load yet. I don't really have the time, nor the space to load my own. So I have a few different factory loads to work with. But for now, I'll stick with Hornady 140 A-Max or the new ELD-M. But I have some other stuff from Copper Creek loaded with Berger Hybrids, 139 Lapua Scenar, and I think something else I can't remember.

I've had the scope for about 8-10 months. And I mounted it to a friend's rifle for a while, which I was using. So I have a bit of time behind the glass. It's pretty awesome, frankly. Much better than other comparable scopes I've tried (S&B, Kahles, Nightgforce, USO, etc.). Optical quality is outstanding. Turrets feel great. Parallax works as it should and is easy to get your target in focus. Illumination is the only weak point I can see. It's not very bright, even at dusk. But whatever, most people don't use it I guess. If you have night vision, it probably works great. But I'm not a soldier. In any event, I'm quite happy with it. The reticle could use some work though. the Gen 2 XR isn't my favorite. I would love if it had 0.2 Mil hash marks on the windage instead of 0.5 Mil. Because I hold for wind; I don't dial. The Kahles SKMR reticle is my favorite.
    The new Hornady ELD-X has been about 0.5 MOA out of the box for me in 6.5 Creedmoor. Every time I go to the store, I have to weigh the price savings and minimal precision increase with handloads vs just buying ELD-X and not worrying about it.

Never used ELD-M before, but that looks like a winner!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    The new Hornady ELD-X has been about 0.5 MOA out of the box for me in 6.5 Creedmoor. Every time I go to the store, I have to weigh the price savings and minimal precision increase with handloads vs just buying ELD-X and not worrying about it.

Never used ELD-M before, but that looks like a winner!
    Yeah, seems to shoot ok! I might try the ELD-X at some point.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Your rifle is awesome.

The velocity for the ELD-M looks about right, mine is 2,744 FPS out of a 24" barrel.

Personally, if my rifle shot .2's and .3's with factory ammunition I would not spend a dime on reloading equipment lol.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SD of 14 is excellent for any factory ammo.

Velocity looks pretty strong to me - I think they advertise 2750 out of a 24" tube, right?

Feedback Score
    Oh ok, I guess I was going by typical reports for hand loads then. Yeah, sub-1/4 MOA is about all I can ask for haha!

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Your rifle is awesome.

The velocity for the ELD-M looks about right, mine is 2,744 FPS out of a 24" barrel.

Personally, if my rifle shot .2's and .3's with factory ammunition I would not spend a dime on reloading equipment lol.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    This times a million. If I saw .2 and .3 moa groups, I would be buying that ammo in bulk and picking up a new hobby with all the time saved on not reloading. What a tack driver and excellent shooting.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    This times a million. If I saw .2 and .3 moa groups, I would be buying that ammo in bulk and picking up a new hobby with all the time saved on not reloading. What a tack driver and excellent shooting.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I'm trying to buy a shit-ton of ELD-M now. The problem with factory ammo, even if it shoots well, is I can't chase the lands as the throat erodes. Let's say the barrel has like... I dunno... a few thousand rounds of life. But that's if you load your own and can keep up with erosion. So I'm guessing I probably have half the normal barrel life with factory ammo unless I can switch to a new brand that has a longer seating depth down the line.

Also, I can't seem to find a place with reasonable prices that will ship to me (I'm in California). A lot of stores have really insane policies where they won't ship here, even though it's totally legal. The place I've been buying from just informed me they will no longer ship to my location... For NO REASON.
    Last edited by FourT6and2; 05-30-16 at 08:31.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast