Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM peening on barrel extension lugs?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't inspect my rifles so thoroughly, and I don't get why anyone would really ever find themselves staring at minute imperfections deep inside the upper receiver of a relatively new rifle. However, for science, I grabbed one of my BCMs out to check anyway. This rifle has many thousands of rounds through it. It is an 11.5" circa 2012.

In this pic, you can faintly see a mark similar to what is in the OP. I have circled it in red. This rifle has never, ever, ever missed a beat and I will put it up against any equivalently outfitted AR on the planet. I can say unequivocally that you have nothing to worry about GRJ.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-27-16 at 18:55. Reason: My post needed some sensitivity training.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    dupe,
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-27-16 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    *Edit.

Neither of my BCM uppers look like that. Reasonable concern from OP in my opinion
    Last edited by connorr93; 05-27-16 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Couldn't you relieve the spots that touch with a little diamond file?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This thread interests me for many reasons. I guess I'm just an outlier on a forum full of pros, but I spend more time shooting my rifles than doing deep inspections of lugs inside upper receivers. In fact, I've been a user of the M16 platform since a few weeks out of high school and that's something that I've never done. I can't wait to get to a level of proficiency where I am more concerned about minor metal-on-metal wear than splits and A zone hits while moving.

But I grabbed one of my BCMs out to check anyway, because that seems to be something knowledgeable people do. This rifle has many thousands of rounds through it. I'm not exactly sure, I don't count them. It is an 11.5" circa 2012.

In this pic, you can faintly see a mark similar to what is in the OP. I have circled it in red. I'm sure if the rifle was spotless it would be much more evident. However, cleaning the gun would take time out of shooting the gun...so I probably won't bother.
    Edriver, your rifle is too f'd up to shoot. Please send it to me right away so that I can dispose of it properly.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The pics put up by subsequent posters look quite dissimilar to the pics originally posted by the OP. Im not seeing the similarities. just saying.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would some folks put some red circles around the shit they consider wrong? I don't see a flipping thing wrong with any pic in this thread. Lube up and rock on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Would some folks put some red circles around the shit they consider wrong? I don't see a flipping thing wrong with any pic in this thread. Lube up and rock on.
    I have no idea what the OP is talking about either.

Based upon some of his other threads, the only advice I can give is:

Don't sweat the petty stuff... pet the sweaty stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I did put a red circle on my image... you mean you can't see the damage?

Feedback Score
    I uploaded a picture to the first post showing the spots that I am talking about. Apparently I am not the only one who thinks this is a concern or potential problem.
    Last edited by GRJ; 05-27-16 at 17:19.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast