Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Workouts for 50+ year olds...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm 52 and am doing a Crossfit workout 4 nights a week and a regular weight work out M-W-F for my lunch hour. I was lucky during most of my work out history to not have any major injuries. However last May I tore a Pectoral muscle flat benching and that kept me from most of my workouts for about 5 months. I still did Abs and lower body workouts but no upper body for a good while. Even now I stay away from flat benches. The only running I do is during my Crossfit workouts. Otherwise running is way down on my list of favorite things to do!

Feedback Score
    I'm 56 ,next month and agree with most of the comments aforementioned above.running is gone, and as i don't care much for biking( not very comfortable on the derriere), i have started a hiit routine , 3 times a weeks , utilizing the tabata protocol. combinations of trx ,KB, and dumbell exercises. it's about 30 minutes of high intensity. already dropped 3 pounds in 3 weeks....but it's brutal...
    here's a question- how much protein to you guys consume, what kind and any other supplements for the sliver crowd?
    Sigs... lots of them.(229,226, x5, x6)
    Sti- marauder, edge, tactical3,4,5, dvc ltd, legend, eagle,vip,Apeiro.
    Wilson- tactical elite, pro elite
    Ed brown- special forces.(2)
    knight's sbr.
    knight's sr15-mod 1
    Knight's sr15 14.5" +AA flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hiit is great. I've tried it myself but don't particularly like to do it on a routine basis.

I'm not in my 50's yet, but have injured both ankles from playing sports so running is basically out for me. Biking is still a good exercise--you just have to find a good bike and comfortable seat.

For protein, typically its 1 gram per pound of body weight e.g. 180lbs=180grams protein. That may be a bit much if you're not used to it so I would consume a little less. I would say about 30grams of protein per meal is ok.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234