Thread: Laser help for the HK VP9

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Laser help for the HK VP9

Been spending more time with the Hk VP9 pistol which I must say is a damn fine pistol right out of the box. That being said I'm looking for info on what lasers some of you are running on this platform. To my knowledge there currently are NO grip style systems available.

I have no experience at all with rail mounted lasers. Being able to run a weapon mounted light would also be a plus.

Feedback Score
    I have a VP9 as well, when I first got it I thought of looking for a laser as well. From all my web-surfing seems like the only thing compatible is anything that can be rail mounted, the top choices I could find from know manufacturers was the TLR2, the Viridians, and Crimson trace rail master pro. I could not find anything that would "mold" to the trigger guard. In the end I just opted for a TLR1 because of the high lumen and the center point of the hot spot could act as an aiming aid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also running a TLR-1 on my VP9, with the 90-Two mounting insert. From my (also slight) experience with pistol-mounted lasers, the only decent options tend to place the emitter so much lower than the bore that they're difficult to use precisely outside of a very specific distance from the target, much like zeroing an AR.

Keep in mind the intended role of handguns (the VP9 included) in general. Outside of match pistols, they are for defensive use inside a particular distance. The VP9 is reliable, comfortable, and very accurate (and precise) within its specified range. A light will get you close enough to use the irons, but a laser might "make a promise it can't keep."
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.