Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DLC (Diamond like carbide) Coated Bcg

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Also, just a point of clarification. The process is called DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon, not carbide).

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Sounds like you have enough experience for the both of us
    I like my BCM BCG
    I like mine too. If i could get it coated in dlc, I'd like it a lot more. I guess you really have to handle one to get it.

Feedback Score
    Not a BCG, but I have a knife that has a DLC coated blade. I had to stop carrying my keys in the same pocket because the knife was wearing flat spots on them. I could literally use the keys to write on the blade like chalk on a chalkboard, and then wipe it off with no evidence it was ever there. Amazing stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Not a BCG, but I have a knife that has a DLC coated blade. I had to stop carrying my keys in the same pocket because the knife was wearing flat spots on them. I could literally use the keys to write on the blade like chalk on a chalkboard, and then wipe it off with no evidence it was ever there. Amazing stuff.

Wonder if there is any extra wear on the receiver with this hard coating?
    Last edited by MeanCarbine; 05-30-16 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MeanCarbine View Post
    Wonder if there is any extra wear on the receiver with this hard coating?
    My thoughts exactly. Sound like a pretty nice coating as long as it doesn't abrade the BCG channel or barrel extension lugs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Sound like a pretty nice coating as long as it doesn't abrade the BCG channel or barrel extension lugs.
    I havent checked but i will tonight and let you know. I doubt it though, its slick as snot.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNegativeOne View Post
    I havent checked but i will tonight and let you know. I doubt it though, its slick as snot.
    Well that's the idea but when the previous post mentioned that his DLC knife wore flat spots on his keys it made me wonder.

Feedback Score
    It was the spine of the knife, so not like it was two flat surfaces rubbing together. However, I can in fact write on the DLC using the keys like a piece of chalk. If I remember later I'll post a pic.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wait, this topic isn't about Down Loadable Content?

In all reality, sounds super practical, and a good enough application.

I will have to look into this when it comes down to getting a new carrier for another build.

I can only imagine the price if it costs that much to develop the process alone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I've seen people on these forums say that they can just wipe the bolt clean with a dry rag because they use, NiB BCG's, NP3 BCG's, hard chrome BCG's, fireclean, froglube, piston rifles, and now this new coating. I don't believe any of it, and I'll stick with my standard BCG.
    You've got to remember that what someone means by "wipes clean" (clean being the key word there) may be different from someone else's description of clean.

FWIW, to me the bolt tail is the litmus test of a finish or solvent's ability to shun carbon buildup. I have yet to see one just "wipe clean" (to my standards which is NO carbon) and not require some elbow grease to be carbon-free. Some finishes and solvents are better than others but that carbon on the bolt tail has been BAKED on there!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast