Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DD RIS II rails

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can easily find an RIS II. Just be willing to pay whatever DD wants for a spankin' new MK-18 upper.

Feedback Score
    I've been coveting a RIS II FSP rail. They show up in the EE's pretty regularly. Patience will get you a new in box model for a reasonable cost (less than sticker price).
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    They're just looking for the rail, not the upper.

FWIW, A DD rep on TOS did mention a while back that they have no plans on making them available for public sales outside of the upper packages.
    I realize that but, it is the most expeditious source.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you want new and don't want to scour the EEs, you might as well buy a complete upper and part it out.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    This topic has been covered many times on "another forum". The short of it is that DD realizes how popular these rails are for the "cloners" and they want to cash in on complete upper sales and rifle sales.

They said it was because of a huge mil contract which might be true but about the same time they said that they released complete uppers and complete rifles.

You either gotta source a used one or buy a complete upper. You can get a complete DD Mk18 for around $900.00 dollars.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    sweet. over gassed and all.
    If you are building a clone, i totally get it. RIS II is a solid rail. However, if you just want a really robust and light weight DD quad rail, id go with the DD LITE III, best quad on the market imo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoe View Post
    sweet. over gassed and all.
    If you are building a clone, i totally get it. RIS II is a solid rail. However, if you just want a really robust and light weight DD quad rail, id go with the DD LITE III, best quad on the market imo.
    What is the difference between the current Lite III rails and the M4 Rails? Not seeing much difference in the description and pictures.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    absolutely nothing. The DD LITE III and DD M4 rails are, in every way, analogous. Well, aside from the fact that the DDM4 rails are marked "DDM4" and the DD LITE III rails are marked "DD LITE III". ha!

Originally, the DDM4 was going to be available ONLY on DD rifles. They changed their business model and made the rail available for purchase. However, in order to differentiate rails that came on DD rifles and those that were purchased individually, DD labeled the individual rails DD LITE III.

Really awesome rails...light weight, slim profile (no more "I-beam" profile), and possesses the wonderfully robust DD bolt up design. Im a weirdo and still prefer quad rails. This is the quad rail to own, imo.

But, of course, if these guys are doing clones, I totally get the need for a RIS II.

Feedback Score
    I'd like a rail that keep my FSP, and the Daniel Defense RIS II, appears to be the only offering from them that does that.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    I'd like a rail that keep my FSP, and the Daniel Defense RIS II, appears to be the only offering from them that does that.
    The Omega X that DD makes also comes with a "FSP" option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast